Home

accelerated clock? Really?

This is a discussion on accelerated clock? Really? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
accelerated clock? Really?

So I got the game (madden 10) at launch. I had to work most of the weekend as well, but i was able to play a few unranked games anyway.

Today I feel like Im ready to play a couple ranked games. I go to beginners (not gonna lie to myself like other people) and I play 2 games. Im now 1-1-0 and my competition was legit. They punted on 4th down and kicked the ball of like normal. But this accelerated clock mess is just killing me.

Why do they always fix one thing (like the ability to choose weather) and break another (forcing you to play with a clock run-off)?

This is just stupid to me. I want to have control over what happens on the field and clock management is part of that. This 15 second run-off every "clockable" play is ruining the experience. I swear we're losing at least 3 minutes per game because of this.

Anyone else hate this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: accelerated clock? Really?

/headdesk

Welcome to last week, when we had the exact same thread. I don't know why you consider accelerated clock "broken." It's to simulate the time it takes for your players to get in the huddle, the QB to make the call in the huddle, etc. QBs in the NFL never get to the line with 30 seconds on the play clock.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
/headdesk

Welcome to last week, when we had the exact same thread. I don't know why you consider accelerated clock "broken." It's to simulate the time it takes for your players to get in the huddle, the QB to make the call in the huddle, etc. QBs in the NFL never get to the line with 30 seconds on the play clock.
They dont play 5 minute quarters either. And when I say "broken" I mean that figuratively. Why not at least give me the option to choose something like this? I dont want 15 seconds running off the clock everytime I call a play.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash2k
They dont play 5 minute quarters either. And when I say "broken" I mean that figuratively. Why not at least give me the option to choose something like this? I dont want 15 seconds running off the clock everytime I call a play.
Because it's ranked, that's why you don't get to change it. And if I recall, quarter lengths are being changed (or were) to 7 minutes due to popular demand.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Play unranked or join a franchise. I like the quicker ranked games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »