Home

Am I the only one LOVING this game

This is a discussion on Am I the only one LOVING this game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Am I the only one LOVING this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Wish I could still agree.

Just a few observations: bad blocking logic, Robo QB, bad branching animations, simultaneous reactions, lots of major bugs and glitches-these things were all in Madden 09.

These things ARE all in Madden 10.

Blocking is much improved from last season. When it comes to the holes with the running game or the pocket, it's good stuff. There's still bad blocking logic at times, you're going to get that in any football game. It's pretty much impossible to create a perfect blocking logic. If you were getting too much pressure with your OLB and they were getting all of the sacks, people would be complaining about how their DE's aren't getting pressure.

I have no idea what "robo QB" is, but I don't think I've experienced it.

The only thing I found majorly disappointing is that there's still no form of sideline catching. That's essential to NFL play, yet EA continually ignores it every year. It would make goaline stands so much better to be able to throw a fade to the back of the endzone where only your WR can get it and try to drag his feet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #42
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I like the game as well and have already gotten $60 worth of entertainment.

I LOVE the Extra Point in franchise mode. I would like to see highlights and them cover every game but it's better than what we had.

The funniest thing about this board are all of the threads that contradict each other. One guy starts a thread that says the pass rush is broken the next guy posts that he's getting too many sacks.

The next thread says that the CPU run game is anemic. The next guy posts that he just got gashed for 250 yards. Too many penalties/Not enough, passing is impossible/lower QBA to 10 because it's too easy...blah blah blah....
Old 08-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I like the game as well and have already gotten $60 worth of entertainment.

I LOVE the Extra Point in franchise mode. I would like to see highlights and them cover every game but it's better than what we had.

The funniest thing about this board are all of the threads that contradict each other. One guy starts a thread that says the pass rush is broken the next guy posts that he's getting too many sacks.

The next thread says that the CPU run game is anemic. The next guy posts that he just got gashed for 250 yards. Too many penalties/Not enough, passing is impossible/lower QBA to 10 because it's too easy...blah blah blah....
Agree with that, not that there aren't issues but some of this could be, should I say, user problems.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose26
I also love this game.

But it seems to me that the more I gaze around this board, the more I find myself NOT liking the game. Then I realize, it's not the game I don't like, it's just that I am reading the same old whines and complaints over and over and starting to believe them!

Just glad I found at least one positive thread about the game.
QFT

Some people won't let themselves like the game.

I am playing with default sliders on ALL-PRO and am absolutely loving it.

The only problem I see are lack of sacks, not because of lack of pressure, but due to the QB always throwing the ball away at the last second.

If this can be patched then happy days.

Even if this doesn't get patched it's still a remarkable game. This one I will be playing quite happily until M11 comes around.

I think Madden 09 lasted me 2 weeks.

Funny thing is, if I don't read all the negativity on the boards I like the game more as I can't see half the things the whiners complain about anyway.

Top game, top fun.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 5

I love it. Complaining about madden has become a bigger sport than playing the damn game. Its all some people can do, or want to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 17

The main complaint seems to be WHERE people are getting their sacks. Everyone seems to be angry that OLB aren't more dominating. I kind of feel your pain, as I haven't been able to get one sack with James Harrison or LaMarr Woodley yet with the Steelers, when they combined for well over 20 sacks last season.

It sucks that seemingly every lineman, or RB, or TE, or whatever, just steps in and blocks the hell out of you regardless of who you are. It's hard to create matchup problems, when I can't get past a rookie RB as James Harrison. But again, I think it's just simply really really hard for them to create the perfect blocking logic.

I'm hoping they further develop the pro-tak system into blocking. It be really nice to have a Ware or Harrison take over a game, shoving linemen back, demanding double teams, beating their man to the outside, and plowing into the QB. I'd like to see it with any elite pass rusher really. I feel like the d-line play is much better though. I've been able to dominate with Aaron Smith, when last year I couldn't get near a QB with a lineman.

Last edited by steelcurtain311; 08-18-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love this game. I spent the money on it. I agree about implementing pro tak in with the blocking AI. One thing that has driven me crazy is how well the rb's do block, and that the G/C always seem to know to kick out to block freeny when he dips around the end. I mean its realistic but it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

But other than a few gripes with the blocking/CPU INT's I've got nothing but love for this game.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Two things I REALLY like about this game:

1) You can go over plays at the end of a game, a la 2K5, but you can change the camera angle and save it as a highlight. Cool.
2) After a McNabb pass, EA Backtrack game into play. Collinsworth (not sure - had the sound off) went over the play in HUGE detail in overhead view - first, he showed the play and where I threw it to. THEN, he showed the open man (who kinda wasn't open, but still). THEN, he showed what the defense picked, overlaid the defense on the offensive gameplan, and gave a stat as to how successful my particular offensive play fared against the defense picked. THEN, he showed what offensive play I should've picked.

Awesome stuff. I have NEVER seen this in a football game. Great stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »