Home

Am I the only one LOVING this game

This is a discussion on Am I the only one LOVING this game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Am I the only one LOVING this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
?

madden doesn't sell 5 million + copies year after year if people aren't enjoying it.

This board is a microcosm of negativity. Its definitely not indicative of the majority. If thats what you're saying.
We know this game is solid because of the particular things people are complaining about. Outside of the thread about the CPU and the flats, there's really nothing very alarming about any gameplay issues. That's HUGE!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

I am enjoying my time with this game tremendously. For this game to still be in my rotation for the last 2 weeks is saying a lot. I usually end-up selling Madden by the end of the 1st week. I will be playing this game we'll into the winter
Old 08-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastaprimavera
Some just buy it by default.
That is the majority of Madden buyers. They don't come to the message boards to see all the good opinions and the complaining. They just want to plug in and play.

My cousin is the same way along with his friends. They hop online and away they go.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #60
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm addicted to the game... haven't been this addicted to madden since 2005.

But a lot of people like the game... it's just that they aren't here making that many threads becuase they (me included) would rather play the game.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
This is complete BS.

Its getting old seeing posts like this.

Actually, Id say people that dont understand football are the ones finding it easier to enjoy this game. People that know football fairly well have a hard time getting past awful pursuit angles, defenses not covering the flats, awful AI logic in many situations...the list goes on and on.

The game is somewhat enjoyable for what it is, but that is moronic to say that people who dont understand football wont enjoy that game.

I dont fall into a single on of those categories. I fall into the category that wants to play a realistic football sim, and if there are shortcomings, they can be overlooked because of how well most of the other things are done.

If you think Madden 2010 is a realistic representation of the NFL, YOU are the one that doesnt understand football. Not saying it cant be fun at all, but there are SO many issues that hold it back from being realistic.
SONNY
let me set you straight.YOU DO BELONG TO ONE OF THOSE GROUPS you don't understand football also get a job with EA when you grow up and change the game .The key is first of all get an education go out and coach real football ,play real football than when you do these we can talk and you then will be able to have a thought that matters.
OUT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #62
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

This is the first Madden I've really enjoyed playing since the one with Marshall Faulk on the cover (never played 05 due to 2K5). Although far from perfect, it's lightyears better than all previous Next Gen efforts.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 13

I love this game.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #64
Rookie

titanswin53's Arena

OVR: 2

I have been completely enjoying this game from day 1. Just need to get my sliders right where I want them and game will be a blast.

Did first game of season in franchise Titans vs. Steelers 12 min, ACC clock. Best game I have ever played. Defensive struggle the whole time.

Titans 10 Steelers 6....even came down to a 4th and goal defensive stop for the win.

I just need to get the Fatigue/Auto-Sub issue correct, and fix my sliders for pass pressure(Getting too many Sacks 3-5 a game). but that could be the fact Tennessee has a great 2nd, im noticing QB's holding onto the ball for a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »