Home

Is the AI way to smart on all pro

This is a discussion on Is the AI way to smart on all pro within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Icon8 Is the AI way to smart on all pro

Ok I know some of you are going to say oh I have no problem on all pro settings and I do fine. But it seems to me on all pro the AI knows to much.It seems that the AI defense runs the routes my WRs is going to do before they do it. It seems that the AI knows every move you are going makes and the AI stays right on top of you until the play is over. My passing on all pro is crappy because the AI CB and linebackers are always on top of them 100% of the time. Are if I should get someone open for a split second. I throw the ball to him. Be the time the ball gets to the WR the AI magicly is there to knock it away from my WR are to knock my WR down to prevent him from catching it completely.

Then you have the AI superhuman rush pass rush from it's front four. Not counting that my pass rush blocking ain't worth crap agaist the AI.I can not figure out why Ian would allow the AI have a great pass rush why we have crappy blocking scheme. Yes I know there is sliders. But the point is that the AI is way to smart and it making playing the game to unbearable right now. Plus with the human pass rush is only decent not all that good. And once again the AI seems to have the best of both worlds. great pass rush and a perfectly great blocking agaist my front four pass rush.

Mainly what I am saying is that the AI is way to good in all pro settings. Do I want the AI to be dumbed down in a sense of speaking?? No I don't. But I also don't want a superhuman AI completely have a great pass rush and a great coverage defense
Because with Great AI pass rush and great coverage+ crappy human oline blocking= not real nfl. Mainly what I am saying is that once again that the AI pass rush needs to be slightly tweaked and the AI pass coverage needs to be toned somewhat. In the past I could use to do hook routes and Curls routes. But now it seems the AI just press all the time and also completely guard agaist the curls 100% of the time and if I was to see a player slightly open and had a chance to throw to a WR doing a curl route. The AI would just be setting there in postion to jump the play all the time.

Another example of how the AI knows to much. I would set there in a shotgun 4 wide and 1 RB next to the QB ready to go for the draw. And then what do you know instead of the AI coming out and defending the 4 WRs. The AI comes out with a 4-3 defense set and they are crowding the line of scrimmage instead of coming out in a dime D to guard agaist a 4 wide shotgun formation. See what I mean. The AI always knows what you will run and prepare for it. This is just insane. But mainly what I am saying is that the AI needs to be toned down some on defense and the human controlled team need to be adjusted aswell. The pass rush needs to be a little better and the pass blocking and rush blocking needs to be adjusted to do better agaist the AI pas rush and all. I believe if these things was to be patched then the game would be more fun to play.

Please no Flaming by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 05:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is the AI way to smart on all pro

try pro and if you're in 4WR and they're in a 4-3 then pass
Old 08-18-2009, 05:55 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

For me the answer is no. I feel that the game plays remarkably well on All Pro with the right balance of an intelligent and dangerous CPU adversary that is also vulnerable if attacked well.

A few things that have helped me are as follow:
--Going easy on the stick while running. This has allowed me to weave through small holes in the run game and to cut back in the pursuit is really good.
--Taking an extra half-second in the passing game. I'm used to APF, where you can throw before the break. In M10, it takes just a touch longer to read the coverage. That said, I've completed every type of route vs. the CPU and I don't think it's psychic.
--Sliding protections, keeping backs in, and practicing my pocket movement have all helped a lot. I don't find CPU pressure to be immediate all the time. They get some good rushes, but so do I. There are ways to deal with that, though, imo.

Depending on the team and my play in a particular game, I've had hardcore defensive battles and games where I get blown out. I really like the mix and balance. It feels very sim and chess match-like.

That's just my .02, and no intent at all to flame.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

no top wide receivers usually beat weaker corners. I played the broncos yesterday and Champ ate my lunch he had everything covered so I think they play very well. Also the pass rush is good period I am the Redskins and Orakpo already has 11 sacks in 7 games and he plays DE only in dime and nickle situations, Haynesworth has 6 sacks, I give up about 3 sacks a game. NO complaints here start on a easier difficulty then work your way up but I am starting to think All Pro is a little easy I am going to up the sliders in the cpu favor.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

it's kind of in the middle for me. i'll have games where i can throw to whoever i want whenever i want, then i'll have games where i simply can not complete a pass. i find getting screens to the WRs really softens the coverage, as well as draw plays from the gun.
but i really love the great defenses in this game. playing the raiders, santana moss had 3 catches for 8 yards. 21 shut him down. it's insane how good that dude is. unfortunately, their other corners aren't half as good and i won by 2 scores
point being, it depends on the defense mostly. i don't get a huge rush from certain teams, but when playing against teams like the giants or eagles, i've got cooley and portis blocking on 80% of the plays to give myself a chance. awesome.
my defensive rush is not bad. with orakpo at de, i've gotten 11 sacks in 10 games. haynesworth, griffin and carter all have 4 or more. with the d-line pressure, it really helps my dbs so they're looking good too. i think it may depend on who your using.
just my 2 cents. maybe tweak the sliders a little if you're unhappy with it. for me, i like the unpredictablity. that's what made me sell the game back last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »