Home

Help Throwing The Football

This is a discussion on Help Throwing The Football within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Help Throwing The Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I threw a 64 yard TD BOMB last night against cover 1 with Leftwitch to Bryant. It's possible... you just need the timing down. It isn't easy to pull off, and that's a good thing. Going deep is SUPER rewarding in this game because it's tough. It feels like you earned the big play, contrary to the past where it felt like you were entitled to it.

That flat ticked me off. LOL. Rashean Mathis was playing good man coverage up until that point.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
KIA maybe it is an issue with having your feet set. A few of those throws to MJD had you flinging it pretty quickly and maybe the game registered them as a "throw on the run" or something. You were nailing those hitches all day with perfect timing. I noticed those bad throws mainly came when you were under pressure, so maybe things were rushed or maybe Garrard is just a choke? Maybe if you were using a team with an elite QB like Brees or the Mannings they'd make those throws?

By the way, you were working me on that drive that David Garrard stalled. I couldn't figure out how to contain that little monster MJD.

Does anyone have tips out there on how to throw the corner route well against a cover 2 zone defense? I'm struggling with that at the moment.

I think this is it. Sometimes, I forget to let go of the stick and let him, set when I drop.

I used to never control my drop back playing APF...I may revert to the same philosphy. Let the QB take the 3 oir 5 step drop on his on..so he is SET..then throw. If I have to move, then I can take over.

I did that using Mark Sanchez and I had much better #'s
Old 08-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

I'm struggling with the deep ball as well. But then again, according to ratings, Brady Quinn doesn't have Drew Brees's arm.

I have to adapt to "dinking and dunking" short passes to move down the field.

Several times, I launch a bomb, only to have it A) severly underthrown, or B)overthrown right into the CB's hands....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »