Home

Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!)

This is a discussion on Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #25
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Getting sacks on the CPU is too EASY (not a typo!)

the OP isnt the only person ive heard getting too many sacks. Someone on another site has the same thing.
"I just got done playing a game, running with the Cowboys. Demarcus Ware had 8 Sacks in the game and I just had to bring 4 people to do it. I could of had a lot more, but just stopped. the LT goes in stupid mode and doesn't even block and lets me go right by to the QB. "

and that was on all pro i think. Ive noticed that wit a 3-4 defense its really hard to get a sack with a OLB but with a DE its not. And on a 3-4 defense the OLBs should be the ones getting the sacks, not the DEs.

And i dont wanna hear, control the MLB. I dont control the guys that have to be in coverage. I control the DEs if i'm not blitzing anyone or i'll control a blitzing backer or safety if theyre coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #26
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Ive noticed that wit a 3-4 defense its really hard to get a sack with a OLB but with a DE its not.

Bingo! What I've been saying. I'm in game 16 and Merriman has 1 sack while a lousy scrub like Cesaire (DE) has 10.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastaprimavera
I have to disagree with you. Moving the stick right/left is a function of the game to break free from the Offensive lineman. Diving is another standard function and therefore I use it. How is that arcadey and what exactly should I be doing?
I agree..the diving feature was brought to my attn yesterday..its no different than hit stick on the QB or just wrapping him up...however the animation that is created prevents him from throwing as he clearly loses his balance...in terms of effectiveness...you have to time it right and be in the correct defensive scheme for that play..i used it in practice effectively but at times in the wrong defense he would get the pass off or the lame duck...i was burned for TD's and i got sacks..it balanced out
Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #28
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastaprimavera
That's irrelevant. I don't play MLB, I play LE. My point is that it's too easy using the LE and I'm not interested in padding my stats (like others are suggesting).

I should not be getting 2 sacks per game at a minimum with one guy.
Try adjusting the sliders if you are getting to many sacks. Quite simple really.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Try adjusting the sliders if you are getting to many sacks. Quite simple really.
I stated in my original post that I used both default and custom sliders.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #30
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

See this is a biased topic I have consistently got sacks. When you find a way its considered "cheese" Just because the manual moves for the De's allow you to get the Qb to easy because tackles put up no fight, does not serve as "cheese" The moves are too gimmicky, the blocking is improved but still completely bogus. The tackles do not attack the ends long enough to form a real bonafide pocket. Pass Rush Slider up or Down I still manage to get sacks. Most I've had with one player is 4 with Kameron Wimbley in the 3-4 titled playbook it plays better to me. Back on topic, I make adjustments to my play call as opposed to the opponents personel. If im blitzing I spread the backers in a 3-4 to make a more realistic outside rush. I occassionally show the blitz (Y & then left on d-pad) & adjust my safties shade zones to help out on blitzing areas. Is that cheese? not in my opinion Just making neccessary adjustments on the fly to defense just like MLB do & Safeties do

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 08-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #31
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ok here is the freaking point ok. I know I can get some pressure with the guy I control. But there is 10 other guys on my defense controlled be the AI. Get what I am talking about at this momet. The point is why I can control 1 player and get decent pressure on the AI with the DE. My other guys controlled buy the AI on the line are not getting much pressure. Why is it when the AI controlled team can get pressure. But when the Ai is on my defense it will not create much pressure with the guys it is controlling. That is the point I am trying to make right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

i'm having no problem getting sacks in madden '10 (unlike last year when it was nearly impossible to sack)

& i'm not doing anything different or cheesing at all... merely controlling the DT in the packers 3-4 & my ends & LBs are getting to the QB's frequently

but still having problems getting pancake blocks on the stat sheets (which kills my OL's blocking progression during a franchise)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »