Home

2nd roster update highlighted by Vick & Favre 8/19

This is a discussion on 2nd roster update highlighted by Vick & Favre 8/19 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: First Roster update is on 8/18 w/ Mike Vick

QUICK! Spread these around this discussion thread. I got a feeling it might get locked due to some of the different arguments.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ratsnap3.jpg (32.5 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by outkaz79; 08-18-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 1

Ha, I stopped reading your post when you mentioned Pro Bowl.
Any fan, with any lick of intelligence whatsoever, knows the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest.
Heck, Deangelo Williams didn't make the Pro Bowl last year, but Clinton portis did.
Look at their numbers, and that was with deangelo splitting carries.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #75
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
I disagree with that. Jenkins and White were inconsistent and didn't step up their game. Second Atl O line was terrible and you never knew because Vick was always scrambling. Masking that weakness! When he wasn't there you seen how bad it was for Harrington and Leftwich. Roddy White just came into his own the year Ryan got drafted and if you do the research aside QB the hardest position for a rookie to step in and contribute is WR. Obviously Randy Moss was the exception to this rule.
Agree... this is the thing that casual Vick/Atlanta observers don't understand. Atlanta had the worst pass protection in the NFL during the time that Vick was there. Want proof?

QB(30 attempts) Year Completion%
Matt Schuab 2004 47.1
2005 51.6
Byron Leftwich 2007 55.2
Joey Harrington 2007 61.8
Chris Redman 2007 59.7

I don't know why people that trash Vick in the media never bother to point this out. No one could pass behind that line. NO ONE! Trust me as a life long Falcons fan.... that line was built for run blocking and nothing else. Just ask Petrino.

The truth is, we have never seen if Vick can be a decent passer in this league yet. He was never given a chance to do that. His time in the NFL was with his team doing a 7 on 7 drill while the other team brought all 11 guys. He made the best out of a bad situation and I highly doubt that anyone else would have even survived in Atlanta for those years. Just ask Petrino.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
If you feel that strongly that he isn't a great QB then thats your opinion but when you try to insult someone else thats where I have an issue. Judging by your tone it was easy to assume that you don't like Vick the person. Who the hell is going to get this emotionally invested on a football player? If you don't like him don't use him in Madden. Period! There's people here discussing ratings and the majority of the comments are constructive but some people are hyper sensitive on the subject and their comments are destructive. Once again if thats how you feel then fine but you have yet to comment on ATL O line while he was there not to mention him not even having a number one receiver.
Your simply repeating the same argument!
I've already shown how I feel about Atlants recievers magically getting better.
As for the O-line?
Please..
You know as well as I do that's just something you pulled out of your butt or heard somebody else say and your running with it.
The Falcons had OL was absolutely fine. Just ask Warrick dunn.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #77
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
Agree... this is the thing that casual Vick/Atlanta observers don't understand. Atlanta had the worst pass protection in the NFL during the time that Vick was there. Want proof?

QB(30 attempts) Year Completion%
Matt Schuab 2004 47.1
2005 51.6
Byron Leftwich 2007 55.2
Joey Harrington 2007 61.8
Chris Redman 2007 59.7

I don't know why people that trash Vick in the media never bother to point this out. No one could pass behind that line. NO ONE! Trust me as a life long Falcons fan.... that line was built for run blocking and nothing else. Just ask Petrino.

The truth is, we have never seen if Vick can be a decent passer in this league yet. He was never given a chance to do that. His time in the NFL was with his team doing a 7 on 7 drill while the other team brought all 11 guys. He made the best out of a bad situation and I highly doubt that anyone else would have even survived in Atlanta for those years. Just ask Petrino.
Cosign and I'm not a Falcon fan but I'm am a football fan!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #78
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPerk
Your simply repeating the same argument!
I've already shown how I feel about Atlants recievers magically getting better.
As for the O-line?
Please..
You know as well as I do that's just something you pulled out of your butt or heard somebody else say and your running with it.
The Falcons had OL was absolutely fine. Just ask Warrick dunn.
LOL You must just be a Madden player. Being a football fan requires more than just watching ESPN highlights. It obvious you don't watch GAMES.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
The Eagles will now be the most used team online in all of Madden 10.

Online is going to be a nightmare. When i run into the TONS of NEW Philly fans i'm picking the steelers. even tho i always use the Raiders
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

brady is very good but also missed an entire year and oh by the way had his knee all jacked up. Vick wasnt hurt but was just on "vacation". Im sure he has the same arm he had (top 3 strongest in the league), most of his speed still, and his accuracy is still probably average which is where it was. The eagles will def. be used alot in madden tourneys with mcnabb, vick and westbrook. Vicks ratings look fine to me. I also doubt favre will make it in tomorrows roster update. I think they should add him and postpone the update a couple days if they need to to add him. Big diff for Viks!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »