Home

2nd roster update highlighted by Vick & Favre 8/19

This is a discussion on 2nd roster update highlighted by Vick & Favre 8/19 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #169
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: First Roster update is on 8/18 w/ Mike Vick

Three things I wanted to say:

1.) In regards to Vick, he isn't as bad as his stats but isn't as good as Madden made him in the past. I think the ratings are fair until he [just like TJ Whosyoumamma] can prove otherwise in the regular season. This is what roster updates are for, to update your roster.

2.) In regards to Favre,last year you could tell he didn't want to be in New York. I honestly think that this year Favre will try to work hard and study film in what will likely be his last legit shot at playing and winning in the NFL. If he studies film and works hard he gives the Vikings a real shot in the NFC at going to the Superbowl. Now, the AFC is loaded with more Superbowl winning talent IMO, but the Vikings replacing T-Jack with Favre makes them less bad now if nothing else.

3.) Lastly, I am saving each roster update after they come out a second time under new names so this year I will have every roster update. Because this is a Madden forum, I think it will be fun to play as the Vikings, Eagles, and/or trade with Minn or Philly for these guys t start my own franchise. 49ers need a QB unless S. Hill proves to be as good as we all hope he can be. [He is 7-4 as a starter in his carer after all.]
Old 08-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #170
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam914
That's pretty impressive that you can get inside someone's heart and know what they are feeling. That must come in handy with the ladies...
It's not a special talent...I just look and see that he had no problem whatsoever with fighting, drowning, beating and electricuting dogs for years and years. He didn't realize this behavior was wrong and stop on his own; he didn't cry in his bed in his multi-million dollar mansion over his brutal acts. It took being caught and arrested for him to cease this behavior and adopt this new "outlook" ( aka PR shield). Was he punished for his actions? Yes. That is not the same as being rehabilitated or having a genuine change of heart. If you watched him in his scripted press conference or his scripted joke of an "interview" on 60 Minutes and walked away thinking he is genuinly remorseful, then fine. I'm just saying if that's the case, your a gullible, media-puppet, idiot who cannot think for her/himself. Turn off the radio, turn off the TV and internet and elevate to a level where your judgement is not constantly impaired.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #171
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Oh, and after reading more of this thread, mobile QBs can in the big game, but not scrambling QBs. Montana, for some reason, people for get he was a very mobile QB and had to be. He was a lanky kid out of ND and wasn't going to take a lot of abuse from huge linemen and linebackers. The 49ers had a philosophy that wish they had never gotten rid of. "If you get called for holding, that's 'okay' we'll get those yards back, just don't let Joe get hit." Then again, Joe was good enough that he could get those yards back for you... and our line was good enough they didn't have to actually hold to stop people, but...

In regards to Young, he didn't win his own Superbowl ring until he learn to be a passer first and say in the pocket and sling it. Even he has admitted that his best play didn't come uni lhe learned to "settle down" and make the play. It wasn't that he stoped running, he learned to turn to the run when all else failed. Heck when I play Madden as the 49ers I have run With Tim Rettay, Alex Smith, Shaun Hill, and yes, even Trent Dilfer when the coverage was solid but there was no pass rush and I could run right up the middle or off tackle and slide for a gain of 4-12yrds.

Heck, unless I missed something Montana still holds the record for yards ran by a QB in the Superbowl when he played against Marino in 1984. He got like 46 yards and a TD on the ground.

The thing has always been with Vick is that he will make his first read and often scramble from there. I have a friend who is a Falcons fan and he told me in his opinion that forcing the West coast on Vick really hurt him and that the few times they tried to run the spread option it worked well. the spread option should work in the NFL, but that is because the NFL is too fast for it. The thing is/was that Vick was "too fast" for the NFL.

I can already imagine the eagle doing new things with Vick never seen before. 3 wide split backs with McNabb under center with Westbrook and Vick in the backfield. Several plays could be run out of that. simple passes, runs, pitches, counters, reverse, HB option pass where you pitch to Vick and he can run or pass. The threat alone could make that a nightmare. Vick doesn't have to be a great QB when the D isn't sure where to commit.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPerk
Really now?
A great arm?
That's why he has a 50% accuracy percentage?
Wow.. I'd hate to have fans of my favorite team accept that kind of mediocrity.

Maybe in Madden you get upset if your QB does not have a flashy QB rating and has a 53% career completion percentage. In real life and competitive sports all that matters at the end of the day is, was your team able to win? Although Vick never has had flashy passing stats in his career yet, he does know how to win. Don't all you guys who are badmouthing him remember when he led his team to the NFC championship? Before Vick went to jail he was the best athlete in the NFL. Only Qb to ever rush for 1,000, and in my opinion the most exciting person to watch right in front of Moss. I am excited for Vicks return he has been my second favorite player for a while. He has showed in the past he can single handedly lead his team to victory (an overtime win against the Vikings comes to mind when he rushed for the winning TD in overtime and two Vikings defenders, Greg Biekert and somebody else collided when trying to save their team from losing, look it up on youtube if you guys do not know what I am talking about). The bottom line is Vick is an opposing coaches nightmare and every other coaches dream. He has an amazing ability to break the pocket and make plays that nobody in the HISTORY of the NFL has ever had. All you people badmouthing should be humbled by Vick, maybe in 10-15 years you will realize you were witnessing history and may never see an NFL QB like Vick again in your LIFETIME!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #173
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiMbEcK11
Maybe in Madden you get upset if your QB does not have a flashy QB rating and has a 53% career completion percentage. In real life and competitive sports all that matters at the end of the day is, was your team able to win? Although Vick never has had flashy passing stats in his career yet, he does know how to win. Don't all you guys who are badmouthing him remember when he led his team to the NFC championship? Before Vick went to jail he was the best athlete in the NFL. Only Qb to ever rush for 1,000, and in my opinion the most exciting person to watch right in front of Moss. I am excited for Vicks return he has been my second favorite player for a while. He has showed in the past he can single handedly lead his team to victory (an overtime win against the Vikings comes to mind when he rushed for the winning TD in overtime and two Vikings defenders, Greg Biekert and somebody else collided when trying to save their team from losing, look it up on youtube if you guys do not know what I am talking about). The bottom line is Vick is an opposing coaches nightmare and every other coaches dream. He has an amazing ability to break the pocket and make plays that nobody in the HISTORY of the NFL has ever had. All you people badmouthing should be humbled by Vick, maybe in 10-15 years you will realize you were witnessing history and may never see an NFL QB like Vick again in your LIFETIME!
Except that's the problem with Vick.
His career winning percentage is just above 50%, and he has only led his team to the playoffs once.
Oh, and that Packer playoff game?
He hurt his team more than he helped.
117 passing yards, with the Packers turning the ball over 5 times.
Sorry Charlie.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp913
It's not a special talent...I just look and see that he had no problem whatsoever with fighting, drowning, beating and electricuting dogs for years and years. He didn't realize this behavior was wrong and stop on his own; he didn't cry in his bed in his multi-million dollar mansion over his brutal acts. It took being caught and arrested for him to cease this behavior and adopt this new "outlook" ( aka PR shield). Was he punished for his actions? Yes. That is not the same as being rehabilitated or having a genuine change of heart. If you watched him in his scripted press conference or his scripted joke of an "interview" on 60 Minutes and walked away thinking he is genuinly remorseful, then fine. I'm just saying if that's the case, your a gullible, media-puppet, idiot who cannot think for her/himself. Turn off the radio, turn off the TV and internet and elevate to a level where your judgement is not constantly impaired.

Again, how you can be so sure about everything a man is feeling when you've never even met him or spoken to him is just ridiculous. Were you there during the interview or press conference? Did you see the "script"? I'm not even saying you are right or wrong, maybe you are right, but I happen to disagree. But to say that someone else who came away with a different outlook on the situation is gullible and an idiot is just plain wrong. Having an opinion is one thing, but bashing others for thinking differently than you is just ignorant.

So the only way I can think for myself is to just go along with whatever you say? Well then I wouldnt be thinking for myself would I?

Plus if I turned off the internet how could I read your insightful hate filled posts?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #175
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: 2nd roster update highlighted by Vick & Favre 8/19

Starting now please use this thread for the next roster update discussion:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-details.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »