Home

A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows

This is a discussion on A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #33
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
EA was one of the first game companies to make games resemble real life sports. Hence their slogan, "If it's in the game, it in the game!". But when Segas' Visual Concepts came on the scene, they pushed EA to do more. In the end, EA shortened their slogan to, "It's in the game". Now if they continue to put things into their games that are in the REAL games, maybe they could go back to their original slogan.

I am thankful to the op for posting these videos. Time passes, true memories fade a bit, but MAN!!... NFL2K5 was a BEAST!! To compare it to Madden of today is probably not fair for it is no contest. 2K5 was placed into the Sports Games Hall of Fame for a reason. No football has rivaled what they did 5 years ago. This is not to say that EA can't do it. The question is and always will be, why haven't you done it? Maybe the gang at VC was just better?
I think so.
Bubba4

its extremely disappointing more than anything. I dont think anyone was pulling for EA to step it up this year presentation wise more than me. Unfortunately, they missed big time.

While 2k had realistic stat overlays, EA lets me know that the Titans used to be the oilers.

While 2k ramped up the game with a little pregame info, and then took you out to the stadium with a true to life intro and stadium shots,

EA shows the same 2 or 3 cut-scenes that zip right by, or they will show qb's warming up with stat overlays that pop up and disappear before you even know what they say, then it cuts right to the coin toss. everything is in speed mode or something.

Last year it was "beyond broadcast" that was a blatant exaggeration this year "they had a diagram to reference of where every camera is on a real broadcast". Nothing they do resembles a real broadcast.

I seriously think the people who make the game are not good at what they do. I just simply think that the people who made 2k5 were an extremely talented and creative group of individuals while the madden team is just some average joes.

just look at their interviews. I have never seen such an uneasy group of guys. They all look at each other for approval. "Online franchise is awesome--looks at Ian for approval" "yeah we have real camera angles--looks at the guy next to him. All of their body language screams exaggeration.

I dont know what to say other than, they dont get it, we might as well move on in the presentation department. Last year was suposed to be the "base" to expand presentation. are we going to say this every year? They have soooo much audio work to do and fix that its hard to beleive they could improve anything else for Madden 11. Let alone broke as heck online franchise and a getting worse by the day protak/blocking
Old 08-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #34
Banned

klb835's Arena

OVR: 12

Well put renegade.

Only thing we can guarantee that they will say every year is...... This is the best madden too date. I've heard it 7 years in a row.

Protak is the new thing this year. Next year these brainiacs will come out with some awesome new feature...like playmaker? hahaha
Old 08-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
its extremely disappointing more than anything. I dont think anyone was pulling for EA to step it up this year presentation wise more than me. Unfortunately, they missed big time.

While 2k had realistic stat overlays, EA lets me know that the Titans used to be the oilers.

While 2k ramped up the game with a little pregame info, and then took you out to the stadium with a true to life intro and stadium shots,

EA shows the same 2 or 3 cut-scenes that zip right by, or they will show qb's warming up with stat overlays that pop up and disappear before you even know what they say, then it cuts right to the coin toss. everything is in speed mode or something.

Last year it was "beyond broadcast" that was a blatant exaggeration this year "they had a diagram to reference of where every camera is on a real broadcast". Nothing they do resembles a real broadcast.

I seriously think the people who make the game are not good at what they do. I just simply think that the people who made 2k5 were an extremely talented and creative group of individuals while the madden team is just some average joes.

just look at their interviews. I have never seen such an uneasy group of guys. They all look at each other for approval. "Online franchise is awesome--looks at Ian for approval" "yeah we have real camera angles--looks at the guy next to him. All of their body language screams exaggeration.

I dont know what to say other than, they dont get it, we might as well move on in the presentation department. Last year was suposed to be the "base" to expand presentation. are we going to say this every year? They have soooo much audio work to do and fix that its hard to beleive they could improve anything else for Madden 11. Let alone broke as heck online franchise and a getting worse by the day protak/blocking

Very well said Renegade44, I couldn't have said it any better then you. I feel the same way. Me too, I was pulling for them as well to surpass 2K5's presenatation only to be dissapointed. They are trying I give them that!

peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

Perfectly put.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ16
Ok, maybe it's because I'm drunk, but in the Weekly Recap with Flanagan video..at :50 sec in she says "Miami hung on for the 3 point victory." But, ummm the score was 31-27. I'm a pretty smart feller and, to me, isn't that 4 pts?

And, then I looked at the Qrtr by Qrtr score... umm Miami had 28 pts at the end of the 4th and the other team had 27. Why exactly did they even go to OT?

This is what happens when there is a monopoly on anything. No competition = bad news for consumer.

SIGH, I miss 2K......
LOL!!! WOW!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 33

Talk about 2k5 in your own forums.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:27 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

Sad...but true

Well said
Old 08-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Talk about 2k5 in your own forums.
This is about Madden too, big fella.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »