Home

A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows

This is a discussion on A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Does anyone know how in the hell 2k was able to PULL THIS OFF????
I remember somebody saying they had rocket scientist on there team.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 24

Stop if you've seen this before....a Madden vs 2K thread.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 AM   #51
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

2K5's halftime show and weekly wrap-up show was much better than EA's rendition, although EA has tried this year it still lacks in comparison to the 2K presentation. To me EA has failed with the ESPN license compared to how it was used with 2K's title, thats how the presentation should be if there is going to be a halftime show, post game and weekly wrap-up show, so full of commentary it was like watching the actual show being broadcast on T.V. and with better technology and a lot more disc space on game disc used now and days we should be getting that type of presentation year in and out especially since EA and ESPN work together, kind of disappointing to see but they are trying to get it correct.

P.S. this is coming from a person who did not like 2k5 all that much, so no biased opinion here, just straight facts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 02:54 AM   #52
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Those videos make me sick. The Extra Point half time show is better than nothing. But it seems that's what we have to settle for in Madden - it's better than nothing.

I don't understand the 'laying the foundation' argument and 'it's hard to program games' and 'it takes years' etc. Wasn't NFL2K5 the first year they had the ESPN license? Look at what they were able to do on their first attempt. It's nice that Madden has a half time show now but it leaves alot to be desired.

Last edited by speedkills; 08-19-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 3

i think 2k4 was the 1st with vc and espn.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 AM   #54
All Star

OVR: 13

I sometimes think I'm recalling NFL2k5 through rose-colored glasses, but then I see the game in action again and realize that it is BETTER than what I remember. That game showed how good football could be....so of course it had to be killed. It blows my mind what VC could have done with next-gen hardware and a continuation of the momentum they had built with 2k5.

I just wonder why Madden can't do anything similar. I mean, honestly, what is the point of EA having the ESPN license? They do nothing with it, and other than a few nods to the network here and there, ESPN has no presence whatsoever in the games. In 2k5, it looked like you were watching an actual ESPN NFL Live episode; I thought EA was going to do the same thing in their games, otherwise why bother to get the license?

Presentation is secondary to gameplay (and a distant second, at that), but it can go an astonishingly long way toward immersing you in a season or franchise. To this day, NFL2k5 remains the only sports game that I played 8+ seasons with in franchise mode, and largely because of the immersion factor. With the modern hardware and expanded software capability, I'm baffled by Madden's inability to do what the VC team did half a decade ago (and a lifetime ago by videogame technology standards).

One is forced into the same conclusion that others in this thread have reached (and that I won't rehash)....
Old 08-19-2009, 03:27 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 3

we know the reason why the license is not being used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 03:44 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ16
Ok, maybe it's because I'm drunk, but in the Weekly Recap with Flanagan video..at :50 sec in she says "Miami hung on for the 3 point victory." But, ummm the score was 31-27. I'm a pretty smart feller and, to me, isn't that 4 pts?

And, then I looked at the Qrtr by Qrtr score... umm Miami had 28 pts at the end of the 4th and the other team had 27. Why exactly did they even go to OT?

This is what happens when there is a monopoly on anything. No competition = bad news for consumer.

SIGH, I miss 2K......
exactly what i was gonna post!!! there's no excuse for that!!!!!!! LOL
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »