Home

A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows

This is a discussion on A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:48 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: A comparison of halftime shows/weekly recap shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumalu
Both half time shows suck. EA's sucks a little more but not by much.
you don't mean that!!!!! LOL i had never seen anything on NFL 2K5 and used to wonder what all the hoopla was about. now i see!! that halftime show was leaps and bounds better than madden.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:19 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 11

I love the Halftime show and weekly show. Hopefully it will only improve with time. Maybe they have ESPN licensing but maybe nobody from ESPN would do the show for Madden for a reasonable sum. The reason you don't see it then would be the Extra Point cast are employed by the NFL Network.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:28 AM   #59
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Funny thing after watching the videos used for this post. I popped in NFL2k5 and had a blast.

I played only till halftime just so I can see the Halftime show. It was very enjoyable
Old 08-19-2009, 04:49 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 6

I really think the madden team needs to see the first post to understand how far the difference between 2k5's halftime show's presentation is compared to theirs. I don't really remember playing 2k5 that much after purchasing it years ago, but after seeing their halftime show/weekly recap show, I am blown away with how realistic that side of their presentation was. The commentary and the timing between the voice over is amazing.

I hate to say it, but Ian and the crew should feel embarrassed by their halftime show and really should push themselves to make something at least close to 2k5's.

(By the way, I understand why they don't want to look like they're copying 2k5 by adding espn to their presentation, but would it kill them to make some network up rather than just saying EA Sports? Why not just create EA Sports Network or something.)
Old 08-19-2009, 05:05 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 3

they don't want to look like they are copying 2k5 but over the last few yrs they have been doing just that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 24

Honestly, Madden 10's Weekly Recap isn't THAT bad. Ms. Flannigan discussed the different games in some detail, at least, and had more to say than what she does in the Halftime Report. If they added highlights, it'd be very good.
But, yeah, Madden 10's Halftime Report is pretty bad, considering....

Last edited by LAKE4742; 08-19-2009 at 05:29 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:33 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Guys,

We all played 2K5. We all know what that game brought, in terms of presentation. There is absolutely no need for this thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »