Home

Quick Subs and Formation Packages

This is a discussion on Quick Subs and Formation Packages within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quick Subs and Formation Packages

Does anyone else get frustrated with how hard it is to quickly sub in players unless you are in the formation section screen?

I remember in '09 i could find a play through play type (example WR Screen) then use the formation package to flip my wide outs (to have my faster one on whichever side would be receiving the screen) then quick sub in my better blocking TE and RB in under 10 seconds.

In '10 i end up fing the whole thing up every time and it takes at-least 30 seconds and you can't quick-sub players unless your at the formation screen which seems inconvenient if you prefer selecting plays by play type.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Quick Subs and Formation Packages

Yup, I too find this frustrating - they took a step back from 09 in this regard.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Quick Subs and Formation Packages

yeah i used quick subs on almost every play... it added a real sense of personality to my strategy.

UGGG I miss it so much!!!

heres an example...

The Ravens would sometimes stack one side of there offensive line with there big bois and the other side with there lighter guys... then they would run it to the strong side and sometimes counter to the weak side.

It worked all the time! I could simulate this really easily last year... but this year its ****ing hard!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »