Home

Robo QB is in full effect!

This is a discussion on Robo QB is in full effect! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6
Robo QB is in full effect!

Why is it EA can't fix this? Now I know some games in real life, a team doesn't even get one sack. But let's be honest here, that's due to mistackles, a great OL, crappy D, etc. Just things that come with the territory of competitive ball.

That's totally different from what i'm seeing in this game. Merriman goes in, not once, not twice, but like 10 x blitzing, not in a row mind you, but I mixed up plays, and he went 0 for 10. Why? Because the QB would not even complete his QB step drop and will toss the ball off his back foot having it nowhere near the receiver. He comes at Eli Manning around his back where Manning can't even see and Manning throws it right away before getting touched my Merriman.

Didn't we have a problem with this last year? Well yes and no. Last year, it was the DL going in and robo qb would be in full effect. Now it's the LBs. You can get a sack with a lb but only if it's cpu controlled or you want an unsatisfying sack.

I'm not trying to slam madden, but it's the little things that matter. Little things we were asking for last year that we never got.

What are you guys' thoughts on this? I'm sure im not the only one experiencing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Robo QB is in full effect!

There is no robo QB. I just played a game with ravens and made tom brady throw 2 picks and he had like 23 completions and 37 attempts...only thing was i wasnt getting much pressure. Oh yeah it was on all-madden. It's just 3-4 defenses can't get pressure for some reason.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Why is it EA can't fix this? Now I know some games in real life, a team doesn't even get one sack. But let's be honest here, that's due to mistackles, a great OL, crappy D, etc. Just things that come with the territory of competitive ball.

That's totally different from what i'm seeing in this game. Merriman goes in, not once, not twice, but like 10 x blitzing, not in a row mind you, but I mixed up plays, and he went 0 for 10. Why? Because the QB would not even complete his QB step drop and will toss the ball off his back foot having it nowhere near the receiver. He comes at Eli Manning around his back where Manning can't even see and Manning throws it right away before getting touched my Merriman.

Didn't we have a problem with this last year? Well yes and no. Last year, it was the DL going in and robo qb would be in full effect. Now it's the LBs. You can get a sack with a lb but only if it's cpu controlled or you want an unsatisfying sack.

I'm not trying to slam madden, but it's the little things that matter. Little things we were asking for last year that we never got.

What are you guys' thoughts on this? I'm sure im not the only one experiencing this.

i have not even come close to this.... a lot of my games the opposing qb has been at besst 50% try changing ur game plan or defenses...
Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

I don't think he means completion wise, just a different kind of "robo" QB. Only this year it's an avoiding the sack version...a less annoying version than last years..but still can get on your nerves.

Hopefully it's patched, seems easy enough to remedy.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I don't think he means completion wise, just a different kind of "robo" QB. Only this year it's an avoiding the sack version...a less annoying version than last years..but still can get on your nerves.

Hopefully it's patched, seems easy enough to remedy.
nope had 5 sacks last game...must be him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Like i said 3-4 defenses struggle getting sacks people been complaining about it. so it's not robo qb it's either the defense or the O line. Online it's on all-pro so it's easier to get sacks against users.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I feel like the QB passes quicker if I use the sprint button while rushing the QB. And feel like I have alot more time when I don't. Kinda like running the ball with/without sprint issue.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

There is no robo quarterback in the game. I played the Pats last night and got a pick for a touchdown. Did I sack Brady more than twice?.......No sir but hey.......Guys like Tom Brady and Manning don't get sacked that often in a game. You want realistic, well there it is. What's the problem? It's just the same as when I played the Colts last well as well......I was up by 17 at half......Of course, I expected the Paytonrific show to start sometime soon. All of a sudden, he gets hot and throws three straight touchdowns on the next three possessions. I couldn't get mad....That's what he does. So I had to man up like I did and make the fourth quarter comeback.......Came down the field and whalllllaaaaaaaa......W for the good guys....Well I want to be the bad guys so W for the bad guys. Get with the program.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »