Home

Need to stay away from here....

This is a discussion on Need to stay away from here.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Need to stay away from here....

I can't believe all the negativity here. I'm a casual player who plays offline franchise strictly. I'm having alot of fun with the game, much more than the past 3-4 years for sure. I've been coming over here to find information about upcoming patches and roster updates. I'm finding that if I read these complaint threads it starts to tarnish the fun factor a bit as every little game blemish (in many cases, PERCEIVED game blemish) is being pointed out and wenched about. So, I suppose I need to stay away for awhile OR be disciplined enough to not read all the crap complaint threads being put together.

This game is MUCH better than what we've had but you'd never know it by reading in this Forum. Wow. Sorry, but the term "spoiled brats" comes to mind when reading many of these complaints.

What incentive will Ian and team have to come back and put all the time and effort into Madden 11 after they realize only a perfect game sent down from above would be acceptable at this point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Need to stay away from here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
I can't believe all the negativity here. I'm a casual player who plays offline franchise strictly. I'm having alot of fun with the game, much more than the past 3-4 years for sure. I've been coming over here to find information about upcoming patches and roster updates. I'm finding that if I read these complaint threads it starts to tarnish the fun factor a bit as every little game blemish (in many cases, PERCEIVED game blemish) is being pointed out and wenched about. So, I suppose I need to stay away for awhile OR be disciplined enough to not read all the crap complaint threads being put together.

This game is MUCH better than what we've had but you'd never know it by reading in this Forum. Wow. Sorry, but the term "spoiled brats" comes to mind when reading many of these complaints.

What incentive will Ian and team have to come back and put all the time and effort into Madden 11 after they realize only a perfect game sent down from above would be acceptable at this point?
Well said

I think we all get caught into negatives too much. Personally, I am not very fond of the past few Madden games. This one has managed to catch my attention thus far. I feel as if I didn't read some negative things, that the game would feel much better. I can't blame anyone for posting glitches and problems with the game, it just is a blessing and a curse to read them.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

+1
Old 08-19-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

I have said this same thing in the past. These forums seem to be strictly for those who completely dissect the game to look for only its flaws.

If you notice mt posts, the majority of them come right before the release of Madden, and then I have to stay away or this place starts to ruin the game for me, pointing out stuff I wouldnt ordinarily notice.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:30 AM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Need to stay away from here....

Truth be told, Ian and crew are just temps. In 2, maybe 3 years probably they will all have moved on to other roles or jobs within EA or with different companies. The complaints you read here are the result of years of frustration by those of us who are both die hard gaming and football fans and have no other football game to play(current game, anyways) and feel like we have been shafted by EA and Madden for quite a while. Could we all just go away and find some thing better to do? Sure. But, for now, we have outlets to voice our complaints/criticisms and access to some of the Dev team and we intend to use them to the fullest extent possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6

Your a whiner or a spoiled brat if you complain, and your a EA fan boy and A$% kisser if you defend the game.

Why can't it just be the obvious for some?

Some of those that don't like the game are just not happy with it, and are very intelligent gamers. Those who do like the game are also very intelligent gamers who just like the game.

It's corny how some of you since you don't read what you want to read classify members in this forum as Whiners and brats , or EA fan boys.

This forum will always be filled with positive and negative threads about Madden 10.
Look for the thread that will make you feel good or relate to your thoughts, and stop the BS on the childish name calling.

Now if you don't like the negative threads , don't read them they obviously upset you.
You also have the right to express your thoughts or feelings, but you ruin your point when you start using name calling. It really is uncalled for.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Need to stay away from here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13
Well said

I think we all get caught into negatives too much. Personally, I am not very fond of the past few Madden games. This one has managed to catch my attention thus far. I feel as if I didn't read some negative things, that the game would feel much better. I can't blame anyone for posting glitches and problems with the game, it just is a blessing and a curse to read them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
I have said this same thing in the past. These forums seem to be strictly for those who completely dissect the game to look for only its flaws.

If you notice mt posts, the majority of them come right before the release of Madden, and then I have to stay away or this place starts to ruin the game for me, pointing out stuff I wouldnt ordinarily notice.

All of that to me sounds like your saying that ignorance(of flaws/issues) is bliss. Not that the complaints aren't valid and true, just that once you start having them pointed out to you that it ruins the game. That's an easy fix......just stay off the boards. Personally, I'd prefer to see the game fixed.

And I'll tell you now that if the major components of the game functioned properly you wouldn't see all of this negativity.

Offline Franchise
  • Progression
  • Trade Logic
  • Draft Logic
  • All Pro vs All Madden "cheating" as opposed to actual increased AI difficulty
  • Player warps and player Morphing
Online Franchise
  • Not enough commissioner control
  • Sometimes stats disappear
  • No draft pick trades
We know Online Franchise would be missing some things but what they gave us is just too incomplete for what they touted it as in the Dev videos.

Online Match Play
  • The Accelerated clock makes All Pro games too short
  • All Madden games have an insane amount of INTs because of AI issues
  • Still no good method for us to avoid glitch/exploit players
There are the 3 primary components of Madden 10 and I don't think any of them truly work to most people's satisfaction. if the above things worked, then you'd see more people get flamed for nitpicking the tiny little things. But when nothing really works, the negativity snowballs. As it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-19-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I agree that it is best to stay away from here if you are enjoying the game for at least the first month or two. The negativity will subside once those people have stopped playing the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »