Home

Madden 10 is a fantastic game. With slider tweaks

This is a discussion on Madden 10 is a fantastic game. With slider tweaks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Madden 10 is a fantastic game. With slider tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You have me confused.

I'm using Bill Harris's sliders.

In two games, (small sample size) I haven't experienced robo QB or comeback AI. Last night, I had a 17 to 13 lead at the half and won convincingly 41 to 13 over the A.I.

The first game, the A.I. came out aggressive in the third quarter and the score was 27 to 21. That was the same score at the end of the game.

So, are you talking about out of the box or with slider adjustments?
Out of the box, of course. I already praised Bill's sliders, and said the game is NOW much better.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man, people just say the word "sliders" and it's like that's the end of the discussion. The first reply in this topic hit the nail on the head.

The journey is just as important as the destination. You can have the most realistic stats on the planet but it doesn't matter if the way you got them wasn't realistic. And you shouldn't have to choose between the two either.

That said, I like the game. I would like it more if the title was "08" instead of "10" but better late than never. With some house rules I'll be playing Madden for more than a week this year.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #51
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

For many years, my experience with sports games kinda goes like this, as far as using sliders...

I always hope that I can just play on default settings. Because messing with sliders can be very frustrating...and sometimes never ending. Now I haven't played every sports game out there, but I haven't had one yet, that I didn't need to adjust things for me.

Sadly....I just expect to have to use them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

i forgot whose I used, but it had human Qb accuracy 7/ Cpu 10.

This was the most realistic game i've played.

NYG vs. Minn: 10-10 at halftime
favre-6 for 11 115yds 1 td, 1 int
eli-passing 53% had 118 yds

only thing is they ran 4 times with AP and only had 16 plays at halftime but I ran the ball a lot (trying to improve on this as I can only avg. about 3.2ypc w/ jacobs
Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #53
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm loving Madden '10 and I hated it for many years.I've been a 2k5 junkie but if we would all be playing that we could pick it apart as well.

Inconsistent computer qb play,bad db play,etc.You needed to use house rules against running with the qb or throwing the fade routes.Stat glitch for tackles for LOLB in the 3-4 and the clipping glitch.Int. slider broken.

See,as highly as many of us think of 2k5 I could name many issues with the game.Food for thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »