Home

Anyone who knows of ratings mis haps that need to be changed.. post here please!!!

This is a discussion on Anyone who knows of ratings mis haps that need to be changed.. post here please!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Anyone who knows of ratings mis haps that need to be changed.. post here please!!!

I am starting this in hope that we can get everyone who knows their home team of knows football in general get some ratings right the EA messed up for some reason.

Now I understand that this years ratings system changed and its totally different, which I like because of the parody. But there are still some changes to be made to make it more realistic.

for example I am a Lions fan and I know about all players on roster well since I follow them the most! If Anyone else has players they know a lot about that feel there should be some changes made.. let us know

Lions Changes.

L.Foote was a 90 overall last year and now he is a 78 overall?? a 78?? seriously? He is still a top 10 MLB and EA has him as like the 20th best?

J.Peterson is one of the best OLBs in the game and EA gave him an 88 overall.. last year he was a 95

K.Smith is an 80 overall?? come on.. he is a good back and got screwed there big time.. he should be at least a 85

but as far as speed goes.. Arron Brown was a 6th round pick out of TCU.. he ran a 4.40 40 yard dash (faster then P.Harvin) and ran a 10.4 in the 100 meter .. and is a former track standout. This guy has BLAZING speed!! EA gave him an 83!! an 83????? he is one of the top 5 -7 fastest guys in the whole NFL.. and they gave him an 83?? thats a joke. I understand he should still only be a 69-70 overall.. but you must adjust his ratings to be realistic. I gave him a 95 speed 93 agility and a 96 acceleration. I think thats more then fair... and anyone that watched him explode for 2 TDs in first preseason game I am sure would agree???

Thanks for the updates on other players ratings.. I will make adjustments
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Anyone who knows of ratings mis haps that need to be changed.. post here please!!

So pretty much the Lions are not very good so their players need to be rated higher. And its EA's fault.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Anyone who knows of ratings mis haps that need to be changed.. post here please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanese1978
L.Foote was a 90 overall last year and now he is a 78 overall?? a 78?? seriously? He is still a top 10 MLB and EA has him as like the 20th best?
Larry Foote has never been a top 10 MLB. Not even top 15. He played on a defense that greatly masked his weaknesses. He is an average at best pass rusher. Solid-good against the run, and below average in coverage. Lawrence Timmons played less than Foote last year and played much better, and I wouldnt label him as a top 10 or top 15 MLB either.

He is a solid but very average player. The ratings are stretched out this year as well. Last year, that 78 would be an 82-83, and that is all he deserves.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by conboy31
So pretty much the Lions are not very good so their players need to be rated higher. And its EA's fault.

NO I am not saying that the Lions should be good. lol I am just saying That EA got a couple ratings wrong.. Overall I think think they did pretty good.. I am just looking for little adjustments that need to be made to make it more realistic. thats all.

Arron Browns speed was a HUGE mistake.

Someone Mentioned something about Moreno being slower then P.Hillis their fullback too.. so that was another change that could be made maybe.. Just stuff like that ya know.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

As stupid as it might seems, Madden appears to often have speed low for players who might deserve higher speed as a way at making them a poor football player (if in fact they are).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

Maroney has 83 speed in madden,are they serious? He should be 89-90 speed and his injury rating is freaking joke at 91, he should be a 55 there and nothing higher than that. Also Kevin Faulk with a 23 pass blocking rating????? The man is our best pass blocker he should be like 55. Also I am not sure what Ben Watson's pursuit rating is but that man deserves something in the 90s. Also look at the Broncos Oline, they got COMPLETELY shafted, they were 12th over all in rushing with 7 runningbacks on IR and were tied for 1st on the least sacks given up (12) with the Titans and with the 3rd most pass attempts in the entire league and this guys get 73, 78, 81, 87 and 88 ratings?!?!!? Please, that is a joke!

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
Maroney has 83 speed in madden,are they serious? He should be 89-90 speed and his injury rating is freaking joke at 91, he should be a 55 there and nothing higher than that. Also Kevin Faulk with a 23 pass blocking rating????? The man is our best pass blocker he should be like 55. Also I am not sure what Ben Watson's pursuit rating is but that man deserves something in the 90s. Also look at the Broncos Oline, they got COMPLETELY shafted, they were 12th over all in rushing with 7 runningbacks on IR and were tied for 1st on the least sacks given up (12) with the Titans and with the 3rd most pass attempts in the entire league and this guys get 73, 78, 81, 87 and 88 ratings?!?!!? Please, that is a joke!

thanks for the input.. good to know
Old 08-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Overall ratings are meaningless, look at the other ratings before complaining about someone's overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »