Home

where are the stats overlays?

This is a discussion on where are the stats overlays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
where are the stats overlays?

where are the stats overlays that are suppose to be on the game this year. All im seeing is the years someone have been in the league and finishing punt. Where are the individual stats and ingame stats? what about comparsions between positions? Where are the stats? I have played in franchise and single games, and nothing showing, Ian u have to make the stats more frequent and meaningful. Its pretty bland at this point and takes away from the immersion of the game. Please patch this in patch 1 or 2!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: where are the stats overlays?

Couple of questions...

First off...are you playing "Hardcore" mode? If so, it disables a lot of the presentation aspects of the game.

If not...are you paying much attention to the scoreboard ticker on the bottom? A state pops up on the right side of that thing after nearly every single play. It'll either show you how many tackles the defender who made the play has, how many catches and yards the WR has that caught the ball, how many rushing yards your HB has after a run, etc. I kid you not, it pops up after almost every single play.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10
hey TJ

I see that, im talking about like 2K5 with the individuals picture showing up. Like once in the game at the end u might see a picture of the QB comparison, but nothing major. I thought they was to really add more stats with pictures this year. Also I play on advanced settings, do I need to lower it somore?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
hey TJ

I see that, im talking about like 2K5 with the individuals picture showing up. Like once in the game at the end u might see a picture of the QB comparison, but nothing major. I thought they was to really add more stats with pictures this year. Also I play on advanced settings, do I need to lower it somore?
The QB comparison will pop up occasionally on advanced. It's just not that often. I'm not sure about anything lower.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

from Ian's blog back in April.. dishonesty? hype? or just didn't make it into the final game?

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...0Customization

Stat Overlays (NEW)
- Option to adjust the frequency of banners / stat overlays
- Minimal: All quarter and pregame banners will show (including pregame warm-ups), but beyond that, the user will only see record-breaking stat banners
- Moderate: The user will see high priority stat banners that trigger and all record-breaking banners (adjustable based on early testing feedback)
- All: All banners will show
Auto Instant Replay (NEW)
- Option to adjust the frequency of auto instant replays
- Options are "Often", "Sometimes", and "Never"
- "Sometimes" is the default
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 11:17 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea I agree. It's almost like last year. They showed the stats on the score overlay but that's not presentation. I want a cut scene with a graphic showing where the running back got most of his yards. I want a cut scene that shows where the quarterback is completeing most of his passes. But they have almost none of that!!! I have scene 2 position compare screens in about 7 or 8 games. I am playing on 15 mins quarters with 15 sec clock accel. I totally agree that I was put on about how much this was gonna be like 2k5. I put in 2k5 last night and they arn't even close!!!! They might have the chain gang measurments but as for really anything else mabye 2 percent resembles 2K5. I really feel they hyped this up and way underdelivered!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Auto Instant Replay (NEW)
- Option to adjust the frequency of auto instant replays
- Options are "Often", "Sometimes", and "Never"
- "Sometimes" is the default[/quote]

This one here - I hardly EVER see auto-replays kick in - even on big plays. Is there even a slider in the game for this? I haven't poked around yet in the settings to find it.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, the presentation upgrades aren't nearly as much as I had hoped for. 2k5 still blows them away at this. I love the game, but I don't understand why presentation has to be an issue every year at EA. They talk about it being just like a broadcast. No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willithome
Yea I agree. It's almost like last year. They showed the stats on the score overlay but that's not presentation. I want a cut scene with a graphic showing where the running back got most of his yards. I want a cut scene that shows where the quarterback is completeing most of his passes. But they have almost none of that!!! I have scene 2 position compare screens in about 7 or 8 games. I am playing on 15 mins quarters with 15 sec clock accel. I totally agree that I was put on about how much this was gonna be like 2k5. I put in 2k5 last night and they arn't even close!!!! They might have the chain gang measurments but as for really anything else mabye 2 percent resembles 2K5. I really feel they hyped this up and way underdelivered!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »