Home

Anyone want to sue EA over NFL exclusivity?

This is a discussion on Anyone want to sue EA over NFL exclusivity? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone want to sue EA over NFL exclusivity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusrex1979
So EA should be sued because they got the very same exclusivity deal that Take Two was also trying to acquire? Reaks of hypocrisy.

If they want to sue anyone, it would be the NFL. You can't blame EA for protecting themselves.
Its not so much about who got it or who didn't get it. I think its more about only having one option year after year after year after year.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
2k doesn't have the funds EA has, and everyone knows EA can make a better game, but the don't because they don't have to.
Because there's no competition for them to
Old 08-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #59
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Its not so much about who got it or who didn't get it. I think its more about only having one option year after year after year after year.
which is where we'd be if 2k got it...
Old 08-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusrex1979
So EA should be sued because they got the very same exclusivity deal that Take Two was also trying to acquire? Reaks of hypocrisy.

If they want to sue anyone, it would be the NFL. You can't blame EA for protecting themselves.
I think it has more to do with EA not doing much with the license in the first place. At least Take-two actually used the ESPN license for the game rather than use it for something that anyone can do without actually turning on their gaming console.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #61
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
First off, I don't believe you understand that simply tossing money at a problem will not fix it. I hope you do understand this notion. Secondly, I'm not one to currently accuse Ian's team of not caring. The communication and effort this year is a bit too staggering for me to make this claim.

Once again, and I think I've said this three times now, it's not EA or 2K who are at fault. If the league chooses to not sell their license to one company, that's their decision. So if you want to get upset, get upset at the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
You can't sue EA just because they bought the license. What do you expect them to do, not buy it? It's not EA's fault that the NFL refused to sell the license to anyone else. The NFL made that decision.

And your patent analogy doesn't really work.
They bought every license, not just one. With the exception the just starting UFL, there are zero US based football licenses because EA bought every one.

Not to mention that the NFL has been a government allowed monopoly since the AFL merger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
which is where we'd be if 2k got it...
Probably better off due to NCAA and the possibility of EA using Madden's marketshare to create a fictional league (the only way a non-licensed game could work).
Old 08-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 9

Im all for this lawsuit. EA needs to be stripped of every exclusive license they own. If they had competition, their games would only be better. There isnt an argument you could make that would disprove the fact that once they got that exclusive license they just sat on it knowing they were the only kid on the block. Madden 06 - 09 is your evidence.

With that said, id like to note that im loving Madden 2010 tho. They finally got the right people, in the right positions over there at EA.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #64
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Annnnd......the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, all there the town"......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »