Home

Worst in game crowd graphics

This is a discussion on Worst in game crowd graphics within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Worst in game crowd graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by T9R
The crowd doesn't bother me nearly as much as the terminally ill sideline players with numbers like "07"

Yeah, those sideline players are creepy as hell. On PS3, they all wear 00 and their skin is bland and they have no facial expressions.

I keep waiting for them to come out on the field and jump in the crowd when their appetite for human flesh can no longer be suppressed.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #18
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
I love this game, but I can't help but wonder why a game like Call of Duty 4 or 5 look so incredibly real in physical appearance and physics all together, and Madden still looks so... meh.

Again, I enjoy the game itself, but you'd think the same people that made Dead Space and Battlefield would produce Madden, their sports cash cow, with better graphics (better skin textures, sideline crowds/camera men, coaches. The grass in Madden looks more real that the players running on it, and the helmets looks more real that the players as well.

And I agree about the crowd. They look like first year 360 release graphics (like Perfect Dark Zero, Hitman: Blood Money, etc).

Am I the only one who recognizes this?
Whoa, those FPS games are FPS games, not football games! I think you're going a bit too far especially when saying that the people who made Dead Space and Battlefield could do a better job than the Madden team. The people who made those games probably don't even like football or even understand it. The current Madden team clearly knows what they're doing and the future only looks bright for the Madden franchise. Football games are very different than games like Call of Duty 4. A lot of things can be done in those games, that can't be done in football games such as Madden. This is a very unfair argument.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 08-20-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 38

Pretty bad but the sidelines are worst with the white zombies with beards
Old 08-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

no wonder they don't have the incentive to improve visuals in this game...you posters accept garbage.... and that is what those crowd graphics are, garbage....there is no excuse for them not to improve those hideous "fans".... I use quotations because they are basically coaches from the sidelines and not true looking fans..... hell I remember Fifa using soccer players like Ronaldino in the crowds...you can tell if you look close... Madden has been using sideline coaches as fans for along time now and it is downright embarrassing....but it doesn't matter because most of you fellers accept it.

I will say though that the on field graphics (although LowRez field and player models)......besides that...there are times where this game looks really really nice...it pops out at you..... try playing in Jacksonville with the Jags home jersys 4:15pm..
Old 08-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #21
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Whoa, those FPS games are FPS games, not football games! I think you're going a bit too far especially when saying that the people who made Dead Space and Battlefield could do a better job than the Madden team. The people who made those games probably don't even like football or even understand it. The current Madden team clearly knows what they're doing and the future only looks bright for the Madden franchise. Football games are very different than games like Call of Duty 4. A lot of things can be done in those games, that can't be done in football games such as Madden. This is a very unfair argument.
I wasn't talking about making Madden into a FPS football game. My argument was that those games, as far as GRAPHICS are concerned, dwarf Madden.

Do you honestly think that all of the sculptors who do the statue busts of all the Hall of Famers in Canton love football? Don't you think that, when it comes to realism in physical appearance, they should find whoever is the most accurate to form, regardless of preference of sport?

I'm not talking about the Dead Space engine merging with the Madden engine here. What I am talking about is getting a crew who knows textures, lighting, graphics, etc. to work on making Madden look as real as most other games. Madden's graphics still look very '06-07ish, like a Hitman: Blood Money quality (or maybe a little better).

Hopefully that cleared it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 01:35 AM   #22
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
I wasn't talking about making Madden into a FPS football game. My argument was that those games, as far as GRAPHICS are concerned, dwarf Madden.

Do you honestly think that all of the sculptors who do the statue busts of all the Hall of Famers in Canton love football? Don't you think that, when it comes to realism in physical appearance, they should find whoever is the most accurate to form, regardless of preference of sport?

I'm not talking about the Dead Space engine merging with the Madden engine here. What I am talking about is getting a crew who knows textures, lighting, graphics, etc. to work on making Madden look as real as most other games. Madden's graphics still look very '06-07ish, like a Hitman: Blood Money quality (or maybe a little better).

Hopefully that cleared it up.
The genres are very different and like I said, things that work in those games may not work in football games such as Madden. Do you think APF 2k8 looked beautiful?

BTW, Madden 10's graphics look awesome to me. I'm not really worried about the crowd as much as I used to be with Madden 08's crowd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »