Home

Madden Sales ...slow

This is a discussion on Madden Sales ...slow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #41
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden Sales ...slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
damn. If the trend keeps up, bye bye Ian and crew. Just when Madden was finally getting good too.
That's the problem it really wasn't getting good. It did get prettier , but failed to be good.
Do you know how many people I came across that told me they are going to wait and see what the word is on the game before buying it. They were not going to be fooled by what EA says.

People no longer believe in EA Madden. The perception has already been set that EA will bring out the same old game, and every new feature they implement is poorly done.

Since EA keeps using this engine, the gameplay wont meet expectations, and this engine provides a very unfriendly gameplay experience. Many gamers have chosen to play a older football title with updated roster. Now gamers don't care anymore , and are happy with playing a older game with a roster update. That trend has become more common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
This has little to do with how good or not good Ian and his crew have done. Madden '07-'09 and a recession have a lot to do with it.

Think about it. There are alot of great games coming this fall. Given a limited budget, would someone want to buy another flawed Madden retread or a new outstanding game.

You will be seeing alot more in-game ads.
Yes Like modern warfare 2. Which will make a killing in sales. Why cause they keep raising the bar, and they have zero competition. In fact they scared ubisoft off with the Ghost Recon series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTe67
Madden sales will pick up near X-Mas time, Like every year!! Everybody is not fortunate enough to pick up a game as soon as it comes out, a lot of kids have to wait until X-Mas, or a birthday to receive games/toys. Also sales will stay consistent until then with the NFL season about to begin
Not true. When Madden was making last gen football. I managed at a EB, and once the game came out I could never keep enough games on the shelf. It was crazy, and it stood this way for months. Now you can go into any store and they are stocked with Madden.
The football season starts in Sept, not Dec.

The answer is very simple. Not as many people enjoy Madden anymore. They are losing their customers more and more every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra84
Hype didn't match the game - Madden wasn't quite the revolution that certain EA employees made it seem like it was going to be. A number of promised features didn't make it into the final game and other long standing issues still exist.

Its still just Madden - Even with the improvements that did make it, the gameplay is still mostly the same. People get tired of buying the same game every year.

Low gaming budget + good future lineup = skipping yearly updates - People would rather spend their limited extra money on new games now and wait and come back for Madden 2011.
Exactly, but if Madden 11 uses this same engine it will be worst for EA next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Best quote from the article.

"It's also worth pointing out that this could also be a sign that football fans are fatigued after buying the same $60 game for years on end."

Fatigued....Frustrated...Furious..., I can think of an unapproved F word too.
EA can no longer fool as many gamers as they did in the past. They really need to step it up or its OVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
It's not the economy. It's the cookie cutter crap Madden has came out with year after year. I knew things weren't going to be that good as far as sales goes if they keep using the same engine, same graphics, just adding little by little in each Madden.

Face it, people get fed up with stuff like that.
CHANGE YOUR ENGINE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Sales are Slightly below expectations, hardly time to panic. I would expect sales to increase once the NFL season starts, combine that with the lower priced PS3 and Xbox. I would expect Madden 10 to at least surpass Madden 09.
Madden, like almost all games, sells a large portion of its total sales in the first month. Madden 09 for the 360 went from 1 million in August to 224,000 in September (start of the NFL season) and the PS3 version went from 643,000 in August to less than 150,000 in September (only the top 10 games of the month have sales numbers and Madden was 11th).

If Madden 10 doesn't do great its first month, expect lower sales for the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Exactly, but if Madden 11 uses this same engine it will be worst for EA next year.
Depends on how effective the new band-aids are, not that I think that any amount of band-aids will truly fix the ruptured aorta that is the Madden engine.

Last edited by Cobra84; 08-20-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:24 AM   #43
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
We will have to agree to disagree on that. I can't stop playing it.
Like they say some gamers are easier to please than others. The problem for EA now is that they cant please as many as they use too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Nah dude, EA will fire every developer before they surrender that license. Before this next 3 years is up they will renew again. They should just open the bidding up. At this point I am open to anyone else getting it and getting a crack at it. ALthough I would prefer just an open license so everyone can have the opportunity to make a great game. God forbid we get more than one good game to choose from.
They don't have to fire the developers, just change the engine already. Go with Euphoria and make a solid game, and bring back all the controls and on field features we had on last gen.

They do this and many customers that they lost would come right back.

It brings something new and exciting. What they have now is simply tired.

This statement is so freaken true. You have some guys that are so book smart, but lack basic common sense. This relates to EA so much.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 AM   #44
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I hate to be a party pooper, but those of you holding out hope that the NFL will terminate this deal because EA is struggling to meet sales expectations are grasping at straws. As long as EA determines it's worth paying $80mil a year to have exclusive rights, the NFL will continue to say yes please. Why wouldn't they? With an open license, there's no way they make anywhere near that amount. I would be curious to see what the companies paid for cumulatively back in 2004 for the NFL license. I would bet alot of money it's not anywhere near $80mil.

Our only real hope is that EA themselves don't feel that the price of exclusivity is worth it to them. That hope increases every year they fail to meet sales expectations, because that exclusive contract really puts them behind the eight ball and somebody with half a brain at EA's upper management has to realize the sales would not drop off $80 million worth if the license was open and other companies were able to make NFL games.

At least that's my hope lol.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 AM   #45
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Nah dude, EA will fire every developer before they surrender that license. Before this next 3 years is up they will renew again. They should just open the bidding up. At this point I am open to anyone else getting it and getting a crack at it. ALthough I would prefer just an open license so everyone can have the opportunity to make a great game. God forbid we get more than one good game to choose from.
I think it would be better off if they all just worked together, 2k and EA. Wow. How would that be? It would be the most greatest game of all time, hands down.

But EA refused the euphoria engine for their game. This after buying out the NFL license? They're getting greedy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 38

? in IL release night there was over 400 people at 3 stores crazy seeing so many people maybe cause the friday release
Old 08-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
I think it would be better off if they all just worked together, 2k and EA. Wow. How would that be? It would be the most greatest game of all time, hands down.

But EA refused the euphoria engine for their game. This after buying out the NFL license? They're getting greedy
THey dont need to work together, there is not 1 thing 2K would want from EA football outside of the NFL logo and NFLPA. What would they want ? They can do it and do it great on their own when it comes to football.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:40 AM   #48
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
THey dont need to work together, there is not 1 thing 2K would want from EA football outside of the NFL logo and NFLPA. What would they want ? They can do it and do it great on their own when it comes to football.
Yeah, I really don't want EA screwing around with Visual Concepts. I could use a clever analogy, but don't want a warning..lol.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »