Home

Proof is in the numbers. Maddens first week numbers drop significantly.

This is a discussion on Proof is in the numbers. Maddens first week numbers drop significantly. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Proof is in the numbers. Maddens first week numbers drop significantly.

To be fair, shouldn't a week of sales go through Friday?

I don't know how VG works.

I see that it's week ending August 15th.

Is that just sales for one day, then? I'm confused, the game came out the 14th.

That can't be for one week of sales, is it?

Last edited by roadman; 08-20-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

It still totally killed NCAA 10. That's nice.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 36

Donny Moore said they would be happy with selling 500,000 copies in the first week.

they expected this
Old 08-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

The bottom line and irony is that EA would have sold just as many copies with competition. The point of EA wanting and having the exclusive license was to sale more copies of Madden then ever before. That's definitely not the case by a wide margin. If I'm an EA stock holder I'm pissed to hell that this isn't the case.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Well, for me, its easy. game sucks period. (remember my opinion) Alot of people are just tired of having 1 football game that isnt up to what they think it should be.

It doesnt get much simpler then that for them. its 2009 and the game should be alot alot better then it is.

Look at this video, game should run as smoothly and pretty as this, thats why alot of us get upset.
I have to ask.... if Madden sucks, why do you waste your time on a "Madden NFL Football" forum?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Being down around 200,000 units from last year across the Next-Gen consoles is a pretty big number IMO.

EA shoulda sold this game for $39.99, considering the money they are milking on their in-game ads.

It's good to see consumers finally making a stand, whether it be recession related or not.

Madden 10 is not worth $60. Period.
So then every game company that uses in game ads should be selling for $39.99? 2k has in game ads, are they selling their upcoming NBA title for $39.99? What about MLB 2K9, how much did it go for? Same for the Show?

And in regards to the bolded part, how does one take a stand if their stand is dictated by the recession? If the recession is determining one's purchasing power, then how do we determine what stance, if any, that person is taking?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm really fed up with "Next-Gen" gaming in general. I feel like I'm being ripped off all the time. Madden (and Socom: Confrontation) is a great example of this but it certainly isn't the only game with this problem. I hate how DLC and patches are being handled. They make the game playable but don't bother going above and beyond because "we can just patch it later."

I understand why I must pay $300-$400 for a "next-gen" system, I understand why I must pay $60 for a game and why I must pay for DLC (if I want it). It's the same thing with high-end luxury cars, they cost a lot more upfront and they are expensive to maintain but they are very well put together and are worth it. What pisses me off is when I'm paying $60 a game, then I have to pay for DLC that could have very easily been put into the game, then when I get the game it doesn't feel complete, then they patch the game, then they patch it again. Devs are just getting lazy.

For me, this isn't "Next-Gen Gaming", just "Next-Gen Prices."
Old 08-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
I have to ask.... if Madden sucks, why do you waste your time on a "Madden NFL Football" forum?
Because i love football and i have been watching it every week since 1982. I want a good football game to play. NFL and EA took away my choice, so i hope the fans speak up enough that dont like it so that EA or anyone listening could make their game into what it should be by now.

Is that good enough for you sir?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »