Home

**Official "Madden NFL 10 Gripe" Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official "Madden NFL 10 Gripe" Thread** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #33
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: For those of us who criticize Madden.

... so... I wish the lineman blocking was better.

/negative
Old 08-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9

I have an issue with this thread. Anyone remember the Impressions Thread? Remember how it was so cluttered and hard to find important info? Even Ian mentioned it was hard to find important feedback. The Mods finally opened the forum up and got rid of the Impressions thread.

As long as this thread doesn't become the only place to post negative impressions, we're good. Keep the forum open for good/bad impression topics.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #35
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
Whoa whoa whoa. I'm not saying Madden is perfect. Its far from it. I'm a big fan of RMoody and Apex. What they're doing is great, and people need to see their videos because they make great points, but all I was saying with my post was if you come here screaming and yelling your going to get clubbed by a bunch of fanboys. I wasn't defending the game, or putting down the thread starter in anyway, because I to want to see a game that finally takes NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8.
ok, my bad then.. i misinterpreted what you were saying.. its all good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

OK. I have a good complaint. Why are weakside pass rushers so ineffective in this game? I started a rookie 3-4 SOLB with 88 FNM and a NT with less than 75 PWM on my Fins franchise. Both are top 5 in the league in sacks while 95 OVR WOLB Joey Porter can't even get above 6 sacks. Why aren't players playing to their abilities.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #37
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdog
FOR THOSE OF US WHO CRITICIZE MADDEN. Do you see any question mark in that title? Again. TOS applies. Complain away. But you have to keep your complaints out of the threads started by forum members that like the game. If not you'll get an infraction for trolling.
thats fair, but i expect to see infractions handed out to anyone in this thread who calls people "haters" "Whining babies", "Complainers" etc...
Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #38
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
OK. I have a good complaint. Why are weakside pass rushers so ineffective in this game? I started a rookie 3-4 SOLB with 88 FNM and a NT with less than 75 PWM on my Fins franchise. Both are top 5 in the league in sacks while 95 OVR WOLB Joey Porter can't even get above 6 sacks. Why aren't players playing to their abilities.
Go into practice. Watch the free pass blocking o lineman. They slide more often, and more effectively, to the left side(weak side).
Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
thats fair, but i expect to see infractions handed out to anyone in this thread who calls people "haters" "Whining babies", "Complainers" etc...
Chill out, ya whiny baby ***** complainer...

KIDDING!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
... so... I wish the lineman blocking was better.

/negative
I really like madden because it is the best football series I played. I started in 2001 and haven't looked back.

Still, I know that from Madden 06 - Madden 08, the game was lackluster and that was being kind. Madden 09 was a step forward because of the new running animations and the new feel the game had.

Madden 10 is a full leap forward in terms of progression of the series. But the main problem is that many of the issues that we have had with the game for about 5 years are still there.

I think the game could use improvement in these specific areas:

1) Line play - Offensive Lineman need to function better by not completely blowing their assignmets by letting LBs blow right by them without so much as laying a finger on them

2) Defensive Back play - DBs have an unfair advantage when it comes to a pass in the air sometimes because they seemingly get much, much better jumps and swat balls they aren't even looking at. This pisses me off when I see it.

What's worse is when an interception is made and the WR suctions himself to the defensive player in mid-air and makes the tackle. This is infuriating and should not still be in the game.

3) The CPU running out of bounds - Outlet passes near the sideline for TEs, WRs and RBs are almost always useless because when they are thrown to in the flat near the sideline, their momentum almost always carries the player out of bounds. That shouldn't happen

4) Superstar Mode - I know Ian knows this needs work. But if there isn't a lot of work put into it for madden 11, it would be best to scrap the idea fora while.

5) Franchise Mode - MLB 09: The show made a great leap forward this year with their franchise mode by including all of the minutae and minor details when it comes to drafting, signing players, roster management and so on. Again, I'll give Ian and his dev team the grace period for next season to see what they can do to make franchise more robust in terms of depth.

6) Presentation - Madden has gotten better this year with presentation. They have tried to immerse the user in the gameplay experience more through things like The Extra Point and so on. Things could be better by making better use of EA's ESPN licensing agreement, more involvement with the NFL Network, having much, much presentation for Opening Day, Playoff games, THE SUPER BOWL, (Celebrations shouldn't last 30 seconds) The NFL Draft and so on. Make the user really feel that he is watching a virtual representation of the NFL experience.

Again I will say, in fairness to Ian since this was his first stab at it: He and his dev team did make inroads toward making the game much better than it had been in the past. They have only had 1 year to do what they want to do. I am willing to give them Madden 11 to really see what they are capabe of. If they pull it off, Madden 10 will be the equivalent of MLB 08: The Show. A game that was a couple of steps up from previous iterations, but was a precursor to a vastly superior experience in the following year.

I don't bash madden. I love the series. But these are the few things that really irk me after all of these years. I think Ian and his dev team are capable of putting out a quality product and I'm looking forward to seeing what they will do to resolve these long-standing issues im sure all of you have.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »