Home

The Out Route

This is a discussion on The Out Route within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Rookie

Shady862's Arena

OVR: 3
The Out Route

I was just curious if anyone else is having trouble completing this pass? I'm in my rams franchise and Bulger cant complete this pass at all. I know hes not the greatest but its a pass all NFL quarterbacks can complete. Its the fourth preseason game and on this route he has zero completions. He always overthrows it and leads the reciever to far and no im not pressing the left stick to lead the reciever. I have tried lobbing, bullet and its always the same result. Anyone else having trouble?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Out Route

I find it useless online.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Like comebacks or curls, very poorly represennted in the ggame, DB's know the routes better than you. My advice is motion your in routes to make the out routes.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

the only time i overthrow it is if it ends up that im throwing it to a receiver with bad speed/route running/awareness. which in most cases isn't necessarily an overthrow, its just the WR can't get to the well placed ball. but of course, you have to be really careful against good corners, because they will jump that route easier than any other route in the game.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Shady862's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
the only time i overthrow it is if it ends up that im throwing it to a receiver with bad speed/route running/awareness. which in most cases isn't necessarily an overthrow, its just the WR can't get to the well placed ball. but of course, you have to be really careful against good corners, because they will jump that route easier than any other route in the game.
Maybe thats part of my problem then. the rams recievers all suck right now highest rated is a 75 i think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

I did a perfect out route, Vick to Jackson. It was beautiful. I saved it. I'll upload it if you wanna see.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Shady862's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I did a perfect out route, Vick to Jackson. It was beautiful. I saved it. I'll upload it if you wanna see.
If you want please do it will let me know its possible lol.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I think the problem is you're using Marc Bulger, Mr. Noodle-Arm, Mr. I-Stare-Down-My-Receivers-For-5-Seconds-Before-I-Throw-The-Ball. Bulger shouldn't be able to commit that pass. It's definitely not automatic like it was last year, it's more of a pass that you throw when the D is sagging off which I feel to be pretty realistic.

The curl routes are decent in this game, they're more for finding a hole in a zone which is also pretty realistic. It's just not automatic like it was last year, which once again, I have no problem with.

However, I'm very pleased that the cut back routes are now effective, where your receiver runs down field and then cuts back towards the sidelines, like a curl to the outside sort of. Works very well this year.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »