Home

Unable to sign a draft pick?

This is a discussion on Unable to sign a draft pick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Unable to sign a draft pick?

Hi.

I was doing a franchise and drafted a RB that I scouted and wanted really bad and ended up getting him in the 4-5th round. When I went to sign my picks I was able to click on everyone but him. It just wouldnt let me do anything. He turned out being an 84 and I would have to sim without signing him. He always ends up on another team during the rookie signing period and not in FA.

Is this a glitch or like a pick holding out? If so I should still have his rights to trade or whatever.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Unable to sign a draft pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
Hi.

I was doing a franchise and drafted a RB that I scouted and wanted really bad and ended up getting him in the 4-5th round. When I went to sign my picks I was able to click on everyone but him. It just wouldnt let me do anything. He turned out being an 84 and I would have to sim without signing him. He always ends up on another team during the rookie signing period and not in FA.

Is this a glitch or like a pick holding out? If so I should still have his rights to trade or whatever.

Thanks.

You know I recall this happening last year to me a few times. All I could do was let him fall to free agency and pick him up there.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
You know I recall this happening last year to me a few times. All I could do was let him fall to free agency and pick him up there.
Well my guy never makes it to FA. He either ends up in Min or Houston for some reason with a 1 year deal for 350K... Then if i want him I have to give up a 1st rounder for him. Totally stupid.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Samething happen to me When i tryed to sign my 1st round pick. who was Taylor Mays i ended up having to trade for him off the jags. which sucks as he should end up in Free agency if he is not signed.
MLB: New York Yankees

Last edited by Scoop 24; 08-21-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
Banned

mvandor's Arena

Pretty odd, how would another team get him before you? Cheat I would use is sign a high rated FA and trade him to get your guy back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

every time ive simmed the 1st season and ended up with the taylor mays out of the draft i couldnt sign him. never have been able to sign him so ive just stopped picking him even if hes best available cuz he just goes to another team and its a wasted pick but ive always seen it happen with taylor mays no other player and mays is always that way maybe hes not going through the rating adjuster right? cuz in my drafts he comes out as a 91 overall as a rookie
Old 08-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Use to happen last year with Aaron Curry. The solution is to sign all your other picks. Then goto the franchise settings and set the "Sign Draft Pick" setting to CPU. Go back to the screen where you sign your draft picks, hit start, and just let the CPU do it for you. It worked for me last year.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #8
Banned

mvandor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEBasball5
Use to happen last year with Aaron Curry. The solution is to sign all your other picks. Then goto the franchise settings and set the "Sign Draft Pick" setting to CPU. Go back to the screen where you sign your draft picks, hit start, and just let the CPU do it for you. It worked for me last year.

Sounds like a plausible workaround so long as you have roster space and cap room available.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »