Home

"Desired Contrat" way off?

This is a discussion on "Desired Contrat" way off? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #9
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: "Desired Contrat" way off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfanx
Desired contract if I remember correctly is on the free agent screen next to the players name, overall, etc. Sorry, don't have the game in front of me.

So sounds like Free Agency in this sense is good and bad. Good because you do have to think about who you sign and how much they are worth vs being able to sign anyone at any time. Bad because it doesn't look like you can just sign some scrub to fill a roster spot, or at least not at any bargain price.

EA should really lose the "Desired" #'s because it doesn't look like they mean anything.
You can still sign scrubs for practically nothing. Anyone who's rated in the 50's will sign for the minimum. I know a 50-rated player is useless, but if your starter gets injured, you can always cut this person later for no penalty.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Maybe he wanted more your years. However, some player's simply don't want to sign with you, for what ever reason. It make Free Agency so, much more fun this year!
That's interesting. Does that mean that the Giants or the Patriots might be able to sign him for the 1yr/$310K, but since I'm the 'Hawks it'll take more? If so, that is really cool.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the new way of signing people. I started a franchise as the Lions and it took me around 20 offers to get Chris McCallister(sp?). By the time he signed with me I hated him and didn't want him on my team anymore, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfanx
That's interesting. Does that mean that the Giants or the Patriots might be able to sign him for the 1yr/$310K, but since I'm the 'Hawks it'll take more? If so, that is really cool.
Yes, I believe so. In my Bills franchise there where several players who wouldn't consider my offer even if I offered what they were asking for. I didn't think to see who with and how much they ended up signing for. I'll take notice next season (I'm in the wildcard round now).

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #13
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave34
I like the new way of signing people. I started a franchise as the Lions and it took me around 20 offers to get Chris McCallister(sp?). By the time he signed with me I hated him and didn't want him on my team anymore, lol.
The same thing happened to me in my first off-season free agent signing period except with Keith Bullock. I offered him 12 mil.yr for 4 years and up'ed it half a mil each day. After getting to about 14.5 million he still wasn't interested so I moved on. Of course by then all the good FA OLB's were taken and I was hoping to be able to pick up a good one in the draft (but failed). I ended up having to sign Larry Foote to play OLB. Good Times.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Ouch...That's bad news for me. I have a 1 offer per day rule in my franchise.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I could say the exact same words subtract "as the Lions." I got to a point where I was like "no wonder no one singed you yet, ya jerk." Then I remembered I was playing a video game and laughed at myself.

It reminds me of a comedian who sayed "Madden is getting too realistic man, I was playing a franchise, you know a mode where you can take you team and play them and buid them up, well in it the game said that Vince Young wasn't happy with his contract. I was like, 'well how about you tell Vincent that uh, he isn't real, and that unless he fixed his attitude I'm going to start a new franchise and errase his [butt]."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Ouch...That's bad news for me. I have a 1 offer per day rule in my franchise.
That's what I do too. That's the reason I lost out on some decent LB's while waiting on Keith Bulluck.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »