Home

"Desired Contrat" way off?

This is a discussion on "Desired Contrat" way off? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
"Desired" contract way off?

Why is it that when I look at a free agent's "Desired Contract" and "Desired length" in franchise they are not even close to what it takes to sign them.

I had to fill a T role, basically just needed a warm body since the CPU told me I didn't have the minimum. Found a young 24 yr old T that was like a 68 ovr that said he "desired" a 1 yr deal, $310K and $0 bonus. Well I tried to give him those #'s and his so called agent said I wasn't even in the ballpark. He wouldn't sign until I offered $1.2M/$400K bonus/1yr deal.

Granted, my understanding of the salaries/cap/bonus/penalties of this game is very limited, but could someone enlighten me as to why A)The game shows desired contracts that aren't even close to what it actually takes and B)why do I have to pay so much for a FA that otherwise wouldn't be getting the time of day from a team?

What am I missing here?

Last edited by Metsfanx; 08-21-2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: misspelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Rookie

boyce1602's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: "Desired Contrat" way off?

I like free agency this year. Last year, when players did go by the "desired contract," you could sign anybody at any time. This year, you have to think about who you really want b/c some players will have inflated egos.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfanx
Why is it that when I look at a free agent's "Desired Contract" and "Desired length" in franchise they are not even close to what it takes to sign them.

I had to fill a T role, basically just needed a warm body since the CPU told me I didn't have the minimum. Found a young 24 yr old T that was like a 68 ovr that said he "desired" a 1 yr deal, $310K and $0 bonus. Well I tried to give him those #'s and his so called agent said I wasn't even in the ballpark. He wouldn't sign until I offered $1.2M/$400K bonus/1yr deal.

Granted, my understanding of the salaries/cap/bonus/penalties of this game is very limited, but could someone enlighten me as to why A)The game shows desired contracts that aren't even close to what it actually takes and B)why do I have to pay so much for a FA that otherwise wouldn't be getting the time of day from a team?

What am I missing here?

Absolutly love this aspect of the game now, makes re-signing, free agency and rooke signing fun and difficult now unlike every other game

(one thing that bothers me tho is no matter how much more money you give the guy you cant up the bonus, that doesnt make sense, i liked NFL 2K series where it was a percentage bonus and you could also fron load or back load or equal the contract, now there all back loaded)
Old 08-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfanx

What am I missing here?
Maybe he wanted more your years. However, some player's simply don't want to sign with you, for what ever reason. It make Free Agency so, much more fun this year!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #5

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

1-year $850k with $250k bonus seems to be the minimal I can get guys to accept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Where can you view the "desired contract?"
Old 08-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

where do you see what they're looking for? i.e. money, winning team, good coach, etc....

#GoPackGo
Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Desired contract if I remember correctly is on the free agent screen next to the players name, overall, etc. Sorry, don't have the game in front of me.

So sounds like Free Agency in this sense is good and bad. Good because you do have to think about who you sign and how much they are worth vs being able to sign anyone at any time. Bad because it doesn't look like you can just sign some scrub to fill a roster spot, or at least not at any bargain price.

EA should really lose the "Desired" #'s because it doesn't look like they mean anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »