Home

My thoughts on Speed Settings

This is a discussion on My thoughts on Speed Settings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #17
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: My thoughts on Speed Settings

i just wanna know why TC created this thread when another "speed" discussion thread is already at the top of the forum...

why do why need multiple threads regarding the exact same topic?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
Respect your opinion but this Madden IMHO is actually pretty good. Ian, Phil, & the crew have gotten a good fondation outta an game engine we all felt was useless. I believe they've added these options to appeal to as many different gamers as possible. Had they shipped this game w/o the option tune the speed, all hell would've broke loose...Never got a chance to go to the bank because of a call, only $100 on me til 2moro. It's up to u, I did try to get u a bunch of times...
Absolutely, the game is awesome this year, it's really amusing to see all the whining too, I laugh every time the chain gang hits the field, whiners got what they want, and now they are complaining about that too!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

They are trying to make the gm easier and it shouldn't be like that. I put up with not having classic cam. I also had to get use to the accel clock. Now thism when will it stop.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Sticks
Well, why don't you just set the controller down and watch the CPU play for you? I mean seriously...

Some blitzes can't be blocked in the NFL. It's about matchups and formations. You shouldn't be able to sit in 4 WR or something and block an overload nano.

Sometimes I really wonder about other's football IQs.
Why sit the controller down when I can play a good game like madden maybe you should just play Basketball games. If some Blitzes can't be blocked then teams would be doing the same blitz all the time. Every blitz can be blocked you hardly ever see a nano blitz in a nfl game it might be 2 or 3 a game. I'm woundering about you're Football IQ if you're really think it is some blitz plays that are unblockable.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patioburrito
Absolutely, the game is awesome this year, it's really amusing to see all the whining too, I laugh every time the chain gang hits the field, whiners got what they want, and now they are complaining about that too!
Or when the refs look at each other to find out if it's a touchdown or not. It's annoying you cant skip either. 99% of the time you know the outcome so the Refs cut scene is pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
Why sit the controller down when I can play a good game like madden maybe you should just play Basketball games. If some Blitzes can't be blocked then teams would be doing the same blitz all the time. Every blitz can be blocked you hardly ever see a nano blitz in a nfl game it might be 2 or 3 a game. I'm woundering about you're Football IQ if you're really think it is some blitz plays that are unblockable.
I thought you were one of the haters from the old hoops games. haha, too funny.

Blitzes are only unblockable if the offense fails to recognize it. Watch Peyton make adjustments every Sunday in the fall to pick up the heat, and you should too.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
I agree that the nano's where out of hand on normal speed but they're so easy to counter. I love when people nano blitz all game its easy to beat. When people mix them up thats when it becomes a fun game. In slow speed it's fairly easy to pick apart a defense if you play disciplined. Ive done 3 games in slow and the game is still fun, but it feels to easy tbh. You can still play defense but not the way you could on normal. Normal has a better balance, on slow the offense has a big advantage. I need to try a slow all- madden game to see how it plays.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Sticks
I thought you were one of the haters from the old hoops games. haha, too funny.

Blitzes are only unblockable if the offense fails to recognize it. Watch Peyton make adjustments every Sunday in the fall to pick up the heat, and you should too.
So basically I can run one nano and the offense will fail to recognize it everytime. I can pick up any heat I myself don't like the speed I just like what it does to the gameplay, it made the ratings stick out more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »