Home

Franchise Resurrection

This is a discussion on Franchise Resurrection within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise Resurrection

It's probably been discussed on OS ad nauseum, but I'm in preseason of Year 6 and there are five players rated 90+ still in FA. I hope the computer picks them up. I'd hate to see Andre Johnson just sitting there, knowing that I cannot sign him.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

My lone goal in being the Rams is to be in the running to draft Tim Tebow...I am debating simming that first season just to get at Tebow now lol

I did make two moves in the FA market tho, I cut Chris Draft, and signed Derrick Brooks (my boy!), and whoever that Hull guy was as the Rams 3rd QB and signed Josh Johnson....

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #11
Rookie

Shady862's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
My lone goal in being the Rams is to be in the running to draft Tim Tebow...I am debating simming that first season just to get at Tebow now lol

I did make two moves in the FA market tho, I cut Chris Draft, and signed Derrick Brooks (my boy!), and whoever that Hull guy was as the Rams 3rd QB and signed Josh Johnson....
I did the same move and signed Brooks. I have also been debating if i should sign Marvin Harrison or not, i just finished my preseason and the wideout production was pretty bad had alot of drops, not to mention the highest rated reciever is a 75. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Started a Falcons franchise and I am really loving franchise mode for the first time On 360/ps3. This is a great game, best football game and franchise mode I have ever played. Yeah it's missing some old gen features but the positives way outweigh the negatives.

In year two, just about to play the first game of the season. I love that I couldn't sign whatever FA I wanted in the offseason and I was unable to address every need. Got a stud WR in round one and a steal at OLB in the third. OL I took in the second had C potential...and I was psyched!!! About time we get burned on picks! I am loving the premade classes, very enjoyable. I have control of the other 31 teams when needed and I went ahead and had the Redskins trade up to take a stud QB after they released Campbell.

Loving this game.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

I went 8-8 with the Rams in season 1
Old 08-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #14
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

imma do one with the browns magini lol
Old 08-23-2009, 03:13 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

what i did, and it took a damn long time was take the lions from the main menu. trade EVERYONE good for bad players with large contracts. then went to create a team, I became the Dover Vipers haha. But before I did this, I had to log every single player i had on the lions so i could choose them when choosing my players while creating my team. Im in year 2015 mostly simming but i have the best D in the league with on of the worst offenses in the league. what i also did was choose players of the rookie class, one from each round so i sorta participated in the draft. I chose Vontae Davis and Eben Britton and Shonn Greene with my first three picks

I'm kinda like da bears

anyways it was fun and it was kinda like doing an expansion team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 03:40 AM   #16
Rookie

limsol45's Arena

Well my team is the chiefs, so i get to play with a crappy team and my favorite team. I'm in year 3 right now, 6-3. Year 1(Sim) I went 8-8 and lost to Pitt in the wild card round. Year 2(sim) started 0-5. I got a greedy Bengals teams to trade their 1st and 2nd round pick for him(good move for them as they are 8-1 and he leads the league in rushing). Tyson Jackson is a beast with a 94 overall rating and 11 total sacks in 9 games.

Got some good guys in he draft. Got ROLB Nigel Bradham out of FSU, 89 overall with A potential. Jordan Shipley is a great 2nd WR to Bowe, and i got Kendal Hunter out of OK State. 79 overall with A potentail and 91 speed(also leads rookies in rushing). Gem I found was Prince Miller, 4th round pick, 70 overall with B Potential but 99 Kickoff Return. I drafted Eric Berry, but he comes in at 58. Still use him on PR, hopefully it brings his rating up somewhat.

I'm having a lot of fun playing with these guys, and i cant wait to see how high Nigel's Rating gets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »