Home

Never enough time for offensive audibles...

This is a discussion on Never enough time for offensive audibles... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Never enough time for offensive audibles...

just do the quick audibles in that formation

every time you try to audible it gives you the preset ones you can choose (A button, X button, etc) but it also gives you the option of choosing Run/Quick Pass/Long Pass/Play Action (i think its's play action anyway) from your current formation

if you see for example the defense with 2 men playing over top and only 6 in the box or something, just pull a quick run audible and check where its going... it takes no time at all, they really are very handy sometimes

Last edited by bill2451; 08-24-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #10

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

How often do you see teams in real life audible to a completely different formation in the middle of being at the LOS?

You need to audibilize into the same formation.

The only complaint I have though in regards to the acc. clock is not having enough time to put guys in motion sometimes and the fact that we have to wait for them to get all the way across in order to bring them back to the other side.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451

every time you try to audible it gives you the preset ones you can choose (A button, X button, etc) but it also gives you the option of choosing Run/Quick Pass/Long Pass/Play Action (i think its's play action anyway) from your current formation

if you see for example the defense with 2 men playing over top and only 6 in the box or something, just pull a quick run audible from and check where its going... they really are very handy sometimes
How do you do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

idk if its only 360 or not... but just hit the audible button and then move the left stick (i think left, maybe right, idk i'm at work so i cant check) either up, down, left, or right

one direction is a run, one is a quick pass, one is a deep pass, and the last one is a play action pass i think
Old 08-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #13
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

First thanks for the replies guys;

Whats funny is I said in an obove post within this thread, "I should probably choose an audible that utilizes the same formation I'm already in."

Then I saw several posts saying this.

I'm glad I made this thread though, I need to be better at Madden basically, and better understand football fudamentals.

Quote:

if you see for example the defense with 2 men playing over top and only 6 in the box or something, just pull a quick run audible and check where its going... it takes no time at all, they really are very handy sometimes
Aaannnnd lastly,

how do I do this? This sounds like it would be perfect for solving my problem!

The "but it also gives you the option of choosing Run/Quick Pass/Long Pass/Play Action (i think its's play action anyway) from your current formation" Part
Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #14
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
idk if its only 360 or not... but just hit the audible button and then move the left stick (i think left, maybe right, idk i'm at work so i cant check) either up, down, left, or right

one direction is a run, one is a quick pass, one is a deep pass, and the last one is a play action pass i think
Oh ok, you already answered this.

Thanks Bill2451 !!!

I'll try it out.

Perfect.

I guess this thread can be closed or whatever it is you MODS do.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Many people who complain about this are just used to arcade video game football. Most video game football you can come to the line and audible into different formations 2 or 3 times before snapping the ball. This doesn't happen in real life. You rarely see a team audible to a different formation. Yes, it happens occasionally but is rare. It also takes A LOT of practice in real life to audible to a different formation because it increases the risk of formation penalties. Instead what we typically see is an audible to a different play out of the same formation in which the team breaks the huddle. This game captures this aspect of football very well in my opinion.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
This is simulation football at it's finest....

LOL, an accelerated playclock is Sim now?

I get to the line at 10 seconds. Button Combinations take more time, and you cant even motion people in a timely matter. Its not sim, I honostly am embarressed for the people who keep saying it is.

It pisses me off because presnap adjustments were all once the annual 2 new improvemnets each year. I dont care what people do against the computer, but Ian and Co. really screwed up by forcing it for online play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »