Home

FINALLY, what tho expect in ONLINE franchise OFFSEASN (including draft)

This is a discussion on FINALLY, what tho expect in ONLINE franchise OFFSEASN (including draft) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4

i thought this topic was long over due...because they made it where u can only advnc after 1 hour each time i think it discouraged alotta peeps from simming a dummy ONLINE franchise to the offseasn to see how things work....well i did

1. unlike NCAA offseasn....there is only one thing u do in here and thats DRAFT...they do have retire players but since u cant convince them to saty around its not like it requires anything for u to do

in the ROOKIE draft....THERE IS A TON OF TALENT...in fact so much so im wondering if its too much....but anyway have no fear if ur unhappy with ur season as it WILL REWARD those losing records with TOP TEIR talent from college ranks

there r 9 rounds in the draft and it works the same as far as funtionaltiy as the fansaty draft option fro those who draftd to start...15secs, 30, 45,60......exact same but all rookies

u can NOT see their POTENTIAL rating....but u CAN see every other rating....since we cant scout during season this was a very big and pleasant discovery

once the draft is done it automatically takes u to the wk 1 of the upcoming season

2. BIG PROBLEM HERE......i dont see any PROGRESSION or REGRESSION anywhere.....however maybe it does do it and just doesnt show the plus or minus signs like normal....when i simmed i wasnt familiar with my team so i wasnt sure what their orginal ratings were to compare....either way it does not do it like NCAA where there is a part dedicated to player progression

thought this might b helpful to plenty of peeps...i know i was eagerly awiating this info....but took me a couple weeks to sim to end finally

good luck

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: FINALLY, what tho expect in ONLINE franchise OFFSEASN (including draft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksumite

i thought this topic was long over due...because they made it where u can only advnc after 1 hour each time i think it discouraged alotta peeps from simming a dummy ONLINE franchise to the offseasn to see how things work....well i did

1. unlike NCAA offseasn....there is only one thing u do in here and thats DRAFT...they do have retire players but since u cant convince them to saty around its not like it requires anything for u to do

in the ROOKIE draft....THERE IS A TON OF TALENT...in fact so much so im wondering if its too much....but anyway have no fear if ur unhappy with ur season as it WILL REWARD those losing records with TOP TEIR talent from college ranks

there r 9 rounds in the draft and it works the same as far as funtionaltiy as the fansaty draft option fro those who draftd to start...15secs, 30, 45,60......exact same but all rookies

u can NOT see their POTENTIAL rating....but u CAN see every other rating....since we cant scout during season this was a very big and pleasant discovery

once the draft is done it automatically takes u to the wk 1 of the upcoming season

2. BIG PROBLEM HERE......i dont see any PROGRESSION or REGRESSION anywhere.....however maybe it does do it and just doesnt show the plus or minus signs like normal....when i simmed i wasnt familiar with my team so i wasnt sure what their orginal ratings were to compare....either way it does not do it like NCAA where there is a part dedicated to player progression

thought this might b helpful to plenty of peeps...i know i was eagerly awiating this info....but took me a couple weeks to sim to end finally

good luck

This is INCREDIBLY useful! Thank you!..

my thoughts:

1- i'm pissed about being able to see all the players' ratings during the draft. it's good that they don't reveal their potential ratings, but i don't really like knowing exactly what you're getting when you make a pick.

2- can you post up some of the top players that were in the rookie draft? you said that there was a ton of talent... can you be more specific? were there 15 guys with 90+ overalls or what?

3- i can't help but thing that ea isn't gonna do sh*% about patching online franchise this year with salary cap, contracts, trade logic, etc.... and it really breaks my heart.

#GoPackGo
Old 08-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

i knew slot of us had questions about how this would work so I'm glad u find this useful....im just tryn to contribute

answer: yes i saw like 10-15 players maybe more that were 80+ with a handful as high as 84

a couple top QBs would have 90+ thrw pow 80+ thrw acc

there was 1 HB with 97spd 99acc 99 aglty but only like high 70s overall

several speedy WRs

a lot of rookies were very low awareness and what not which is great and some 80+ guys i drafted only ened up having B potential despite being relatively high rated as rookies.....very interesting

i would list more but I was rushing this morning when i did it b4 leaving for wrk....but i had to see cuz it took me almost 2wks to sim all the way there...lol

hope that helps

oh also I noticed that after the first 2-3 rounds (really just first 2)...they talent level drops down considerably...which is very realistic i think....but any bottom feeding teams in ur dynasty will b rewarded wit their shot at the next ladanian tomlinson...lol
Old 08-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great info!!! I've been dying to know this stuff.

Are you sure you can't remember any of the players' previous ratings? Tell us who some of your young players are and their current overalls and we can check back into the regular game for their previous overalls. Gotta find out if there's progression and regression...

Yeah it's sorta lame that you know all the player ratings but I guess not knowing the potential makes that a little better.

A 9 round draft though? What's the thinking behind that? Kinda weird that it isn't 7, you know?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

great find. i did a fantasy draft so my team has alotta holes. looking foward to teh offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Good to know they dont hsow potential. Having potential to me they have to have progression then..there tied hand in hand i would assume. maybe the progressions were right before the draft with the retired players? I cant rememeber if i heard them say there is progression in OF but im pretty sure its in there somewhere. very usefull info though without spoiling the draft class..thanks a lot

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 08-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I drafted a running back and he ended up with number 20. I also had Antoine Cason who is number 20. They didn't change their numbers. I know you can go in and fix this yourself but I wanted to give a heads up in case this happens to someone else.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavestate13
I drafted a running back and he ended up with number 20. I also had Antoine Cason who is number 20. They didn't change their numbers. I know you can go in and fix this yourself but I wanted to give a heads up in case this happens to someone else.
This is not a big deal. You can't change jersey #'s through the PC App (yet), but you can through Roster Management on your console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »