Home

Can Online finally reward me for forcing someone to quit??

This is a discussion on Can Online finally reward me for forcing someone to quit?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #17
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Can Online finally reward me for forcing someone to quit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
I dont agree with this.

Lets say we play two games.

In game 1, we play a closely contested matchup, and I win in OT 24-17.

In game 2, I learn your tendencies and am up 21-0 with ball before half and where I get ball after halftime (which I frequently run into) and you quit.

Usually in games where quitting occurs, I am dominating my opponent. Why should I be penalized by being forced to play a game I've already won? If I go up 28-0 at half, there is no way computer coming back with online settings, so now I'm forced to just try to kill clock and waste about 15-20 mins of my time in a game Ive all but won.

Or maybe its time for EA to place a mercy rule in the game. Id say 21 points at halftime or anypoint after would be a fair time to end a game. With accelerated clock on its nearly impossible to come back from anything higher than a 2 possession game.
Idk how you guys see it, Im now 0-13 online and even when i get the mercy rule msg pop up on me i decline it, ill finish my loss with some dignity lol....i wouldnt want the game to force a mercy rule on me cuz im down 21-0 at the half, heck last night i was down 28-7, got it back real quick 28-21 before the 4th, then my team imploded again lol, but i was feeling it cuz i was mounting a comeback...

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
Idk how you guys see it, Im now 0-13 online and even when i get the mercy rule msg pop up on me i decline it, ill finish my loss with some dignity lol
The only thing I dont like is when I'm gettin beat and someone just keeps trying to run up score.

Its like win with some class.

I find it funny when I'm the one running out clock to end game.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I guess I should have expanded. Setup sesson and when game comes up check the dudes record. If he has like 5 to 10 losses and disconnect rate less than 5 percent ur good to go. Shows he can take a loss.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #20
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

In EA's NHL series, the moment someone quits the game is over. It's really nice. I bet the really good players can rack up 5-10 wins in an hour. I think I remember from a few years ago someone from EA stating that they want to avoid people boosting their win totals on the leaderboards by playing against friends who would quit so that is why it doesn't let you do that. At least in last gen Madden you could grant the cpu mercy and end the game early if you got up by 21 in the 2nd half.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #21
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
In EA's NHL series, the moment someone quits the game is over. It's really nice. I bet the really good players can rack up 5-10 wins in an hour. I think I remember from a few years ago someone from EA stating that they want to avoid people boosting their win totals on the leaderboards by playing against friends who would quit so that is why it doesn't let you do that. At least in last gen Madden you could grant the cpu mercy and end the game early if you got up by 21 in the 2nd half.
It can still be done. Have the friend play Goalline and you come out in 4 or 5 wide. Dump it to a fast guy and go. Have him throw a pick 6 purposely and then do the goalline thing again. 21-0. He concedes to defeat and thats game. Takes every bit of 10 minutes. I know guys that boost stats like this.

Im 12-8 now with a 4 game win streak. Im level 2 and I beat a level 9 guy but got the same amount of points I get foor beating guys on my level! And I beat him with the Raiders! He tried to cheese with the Giants. I shut down the run and he couldnt pass from the pocket at all. 31-14

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #22
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
It can still be done. Have the friend play Goalline and you come out in 4 or 5 wide. Dump it to a fast guy and go. Have him throw a pick 6 purposely and then do the goalline thing again. 21-0. He concedes to defeat and thats game. Takes every bit of 10 minutes. I know guys that boost stats like this.

Im 12-8 now with a 4 game win streak. Im level 2 and I beat a level 9 guy but got the same amount of points I get foor beating guys on my level! And I beat him with the Raiders! He tried to cheese with the Giants. I shut down the run and he couldnt pass from the pocket at all. 31-14

This is pretty much unrelated but it made me laugh/cringe...
The other night I looked at the leaderboards and the #1 guy was actually legit according to his last 10 games. But he had played 260 games. I did a little math and assuming 40 mins per game, and if he got it on release day, he has played 8 hours a day every day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »