Home

Maddens looks vs NCAAs looks

This is a discussion on Maddens looks vs NCAAs looks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 23
Maddens looks vs NCAAs looks

Ive really started noticing the graphics gap between Madden and NCAA. Everyone knows that more is put into Madden that NCAA every year because Madden is the prize game.

But this year Madden is so much more graphically advanced in all areas over NCAA that I dont even want to play NCAA at all after experiencing Madden, despite all the glaring gamekilling issues that NCAA has. NCAA does have progressive lighting, thats about the only thing Madden is lacking, that and team specific pro bowl helmets, which still bugs me because it was on last gen.

Maddens stadiums, atmosphere, player models, helmets, faces, uniforms, fields, fans all outdo NCAA by light years. I dont see how the same company has two games that look nothing alike graphic-wise. NCAA barely looks next gen. It has that ps2ish look to it in some ways. Why is this?

Madden has a more realistic look and NCAA looks more cartoonish. Imagine seeing what some college stadiums would look like in Madden 10. How sweet would it be to see a college game made from everything Madden is made from???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Maddens looks vs NCAAs looks

madden looks better and more crisp BUT i think ncaa shows the difference between players WAY better....

a 6'4 Wr towers over a 5'11 Db and a big back looks scary to tackle

in madden all the players look alike

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
madden looks better and more crisp BUT i think ncaa shows the difference between players WAY better....

a 6'4 Wr towers over a 5'11 Db and a big back looks scary to tackle

seriously? ..i feel total opposite this year with madden, i think they got the player models "almost" right finally..big brute linemen really look big with fat guts, long stringy QB's really look tall like they should..Brady, Flacco just to name a few..it was not like this in madden9 nor NCAA10

To the OP..i agree man..there is a VERY noticeable difference between the two games visually. NCAA has none of the polish and visual flair that M10 has, let alone the sweet in-game presnetation in madden this year
Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
seriously? ..i feel total opposite this year with madden, i think they got the player models "almost" right finally..big brute linemen really look big with fat guts, long stringy QB's really look tall like they should..Brady, Flacco just to name a few..it was not like this in madden9 nor NCAA10

To the OP..i agree man..there is a VERY noticeable difference between the two games visually. NCAA has none of the polish and visual flair that M10 has, let alone the sweet in-game presnetation in madden this year
Yep. It has always been like this to a certain extent. I would love to play an NCAA game that has the looks of Madden 10.

Yeah I applaud the Madden team for this years game. The upcoming patch should straighten out some of the gameplay issues which still arent gamekillers.

Now the Madden team needs to walk next door and teach the NCAA development team. No fix for progression buries the NCAA game regardless of how it looks or what patch #2 fixes.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
Please show me how all the players look alike in this years Madden.

That is complete fiction.

I am the first to point out shortcomings in Madden...this isnt one of them. In previous years, yes. Definitely not this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

im still waiting for madden to even come close to the target footage they showed when they first announced next gen madden. its not even close to gettin there. and the players are definitely too skinny. frank gore looks like he weighs 50 pounds and hes a beast hes just not tall.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

I couldn't agree more. Put back in NCAA last night and it's night and day. Plus I forgot how fast NCAA plays, wish it could have the speed options Madden does. I do think NCAA on the field plays better right now
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

to use a word that another poster used " stringy"

my fav player R Moss is too big and he looks no different from say A. Johnson

this game does not sport that untra skinny Wr.,

basically its nit picking but they dont look good to me personally, but in general the game looks good and i said that earlier as well...

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »