Home

Is EA fixing the pursuit angles?

This is a discussion on Is EA fixing the pursuit angles? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Is EA fixing the pursuit angles?

I always wonder what some people are looking at when they say Madden is so much better than NCAA. Pursuit angles, Wr's going for the ball (not the over the shoulder crap in wrong situations) even run blocking, imo are better in NCAA. NCAA has even patched how sometimes defenders will run away from the ball carrier at times.

This will help on the pick 6's. For the life of me I can't figure out why it has taken so long to fix this issue. I think they wanna show off breakaway cam so they make everyone take horrid angles so they can get behind and chase.

I had an instance where Bob Sanders had a perfect angle and at the last second changed direction and went 5 yards in the opposite direction so he could get behind the other two defenders who were trailing the ball carrier. Had to be the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I always wonder what some people are looking at when they say Madden is so much better than NCAA. Pursuit angles, Wr's going for the ball (not the over the shoulder crap in wrong situations) even run blocking, imo are better in NCAA. NCAA has even patched how sometimes defenders will run away from the ball carrier at times.

This will help on the pick 6's. For the life of me I can't figure out why it has taken so long to fix this issue. I think they wanna show off breakaway cam so they make everyone take horrid angles so they can get behind and chase.

I had an instance where Bob Sanders had a perfect angle and at the last second changed direction and went 5 yards in the opposite direction so he could get behind the other two defenders who were trailing the ball carrier. Had to be the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen.
Yeah really, my blind uncle could take better pursuit angles than these NFL players.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Is this even something that is patchable? It sounds more like a problem in the engine main source code that is causing this and something that doesnt sound like it can be patched, hope I'm wrong though
Old 08-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #28
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Guys, I'm right there with you on the pursuit angle stuff. I think it leads to extra YAC and big plays, including the returns of kicks/TOs. But watch the blatant bumping of threads, as "bumps" are against the TOS (eg, one-worders like: , +1, bump, etc).
Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Guys, I'm right there with you on the pursuit angle stuff. I think it leads to extra YAC and big plays, including the returns of kicks/TOs. But watch the blatant bumping of threads, as "bumps" are against the TOS (eg, one-worders like: , +1, bump, etc).
Ahhh, my fault, lol.

To the guy who said it may not be patchable: I hope you're wrong to, heh. But then again I heard that zone coverage was being fixed in the next patch (just a rumor) so it seems like if they can fix something like that, they can fix pursuit angles.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

I definitely agree with you guys on the terrible angles. There have been multiple times where i have two Lbs take terrible angles on a HB run to the outside, and I try to switch to the safety to manually cut the HB off before he scores, and it just keeps switching me between the two slow LBs already behind the HB. Returning is way too easy in this game. If you have anyone with speed around 90 and up, they can easily find a hole and take it to the house. I have had 5 returns on All-pro by a 48 OVR CB with 97 speed on the Jaguars, 3 against the AI and 2 against a friend online.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 17

Agreed and yet nobody really seems to be talking about this.

I've said it 10 times, go to the videos thread and watch a handful of videos. Promise you'll find in MOST videos pursuit angle problems that lead to a big play.

Takes any fun or pride out of making a big play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I completely agree with the pursuit angles are horrible and by the time you take control of the player the speed difference kicks in and you have no chance of tackling him. I realize in the NFL SOME select players can out run a defender who has the angle but not every player can do this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »