Home

Preliminary Tests to Reduce CPU Blitzing in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Preliminary Tests to Reduce CPU Blitzing in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Preliminary Tests to Reduce CPU Blitzing in Franchise Mode

After messing with the Coach sliders just for my team it seems like they only work if you sim the games. If you play them then it does nothing. I could be wrong but my RB's don't split carries at all unless I make them using the fatigue and auto sub sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 01:29 AM   #26
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Right, but do they work for the team you're playing? Like if you put the Pats or Colts all the way to run, do they run more than usual? The split thing I'm sure only works for sim games, because if they don't get tired they won't sub in a played game. Or like Adem said does turning down aggresion equal less blitzes?
Old 08-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
Right, but do they work for the team you're playing? Like if you put the Pats or Colts all the way to run, do they run more than usual? The split thing I'm sure only works for sim games, because if they don't get tired they won't sub in a played game. Or like Adem said does turning down aggresion equal less blitzes?
In my forum testing NCAA draft classes I put the passing sliders all the way up and Matt Ryan threw for 7,000+ yards, 71 tds and 21 ints...Passing numbers were up all across the board it was ridiculous how sensitive those things are.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:48 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 7

I think most of us are more interested in the actual IN-GAME results of these tweaks.

Hopefully they are just as sensitive in that regard.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:10 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I think most of us are more interested in the actual IN-GAME results of these tweaks.

Hopefully they are just as sensitive in that regard.
Ill test them either tonight or tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:15 AM   #30
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Well I turned Off aggr. up to 90 and Def down to 10 for the Packers......I played one game, Bears (me) vs Packers (cpu) and 1st play of the game Rodgers goes play action deep to Jennings for 50 yds. The AI called more deep passing plays which was great. I wanted to see deeper QB drops which, as I was hoping, allowed my cpu controlled pass rush to get a few sacks (4 total)............. As far as the AI defense is concerned, there was only one questionable blitz that I saw. 2nd and 8 at midfield I came out in 4 wide and they brought a 3-4 engage eight which was an easy TD on a skinny post.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:24 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Well I turned Off aggr. up to 90 and Def down to 10 for the Packers......I played one game, Bears (me) vs Packers (cpu) and 1st play of the game Rodgers goes play action deep to Jennings for 50 yds. The AI called more deep passing plays which was great. I wanted to see deeper QB drops which, as I was hoping, allowed my cpu controlled pass rush to get a few sacks (4 total)............. As far as the AI defense is concerned, there was only one questionable blitz that I saw. 2nd and 8 at midfield I came out in 4 wide and they brought a 3-4 engage eight which was an easy TD on a skinny post.
Maybe this game as hope, yet.... For other people. Personally, I love it, it is a major step up from 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 02:28 AM   #32
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

This stuff has always been necessary, all the tweaking and such. It is kind of fun if a bunch of people get involved in it, and come out with good results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »