Home

A Flaw in Franchise, Any Fixes??

This is a discussion on A Flaw in Franchise, Any Fixes?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: A Flaw in Franchise, Any Fixes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Obviously I know that, but as of games like Madden 06 you could offer ascending contracts, or balanced straight across the board. Ascending wasnt like 10 mil and 1 mil, but it was like if you had a lot of cap space, you could offer 7.7, then 6.3 year 2, etc.

Id never heard it declared or couldnt find anywhere online where it said that contracts had to be ascending.

Not saying your wrong, just cant find it anywhere.
Yeh a player cannot earn less than what he earned the year before [disregarding signing bonus].

So even 7mil, and 6.9 the year after is illegal. He must earn at least 7.001 mill next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
Even if they were cut and are there sitting in week 7 of the season and no job at hand? There is something flawed here...
Yeah but how is that different if Randy Moss not reaching a contract with anyone and sitting in Week 7 refusing to take less?

If a player thinks he has the talent/or has the talent, hes not going to take less.

Your best bet for a guy like that would be to wait to the next free agency period, because thats when rookie overalls actually factor into how much money they take due to rating, at least I'm pretty sure of that.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Yeah but how is that different if Randy Moss not reaching a contract with anyone and sitting in Week 7 refusing to take less?

If a player thinks he has the talent/or has the talent, hes not going to take less.

Your best bet for a guy like that would be to wait to the next free agency period, because thats when rookie overalls actually factor into how much money they take due to rating, at least I'm pretty sure of that.
The difference between your argument and what is happening is that Moss would not be sitting there with a rating of 64 over all and asking for starters money. I see what you are saying about waiting the full year but I think is kind of ridiculous that a cast off rookie with a low skill rating would actually ask for starters money when no other team in the NFL is interested in them. If the Pats were to cut one of our rookies and no team in the NFL wanted him he would not demand 1 million+ a year to play.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #28
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

A couple of things I've done to fix this

1. If you lower their signing bonus and up the salary, then you can offer a balanced contract.

2. Re-negotiate with the guys that have 1 year left on their contract. They'll take less money for that year and you can keep re-negotiating with 1 year left to avoid the 20 million dollar deals that you sometimes have to give people. (for instance, I'm paying my corner 20 mil his last year, but I won't actually pay it, I'll just give him a new deal and pay him less)
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Yeh a player cannot earn less than what he earned the year before [disregarding signing bonus].

So even 7mil, and 6.9 the year after is illegal. He must earn at least 7.001 mill next year.
Except in the NFL contracts are restructured like nobodies business.

Tom Brady took 5 mill in 2007 after make 16 the year before.

Good luck trying to get that done in madden
Old 08-26-2009, 12:41 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
The difference between your argument and what is happening is that Moss would not be sitting there with a rating of 64 over all and asking for starters money. I see what you are saying about waiting the full year but I think is kind of ridiculous that a cast off rookie with a low skill rating would actually ask for starters money when no other team in the NFL is interested in them. If the Pats were to cut one of our rookies and no team in the NFL wanted him he would not demand 1 million+ a year to play.
I dont necessarily like Madden rating draft picks/rookies. Why? Because lets say Joe Cool is a Top 10 pick and goes unsigned. If he happens to be a bust, his rating would be 65 or so, but a team wouldnt really know that until after they signed him. All they would know him as would the the Top 10 player that was a tough sign.

But if you say a 65 rated rookie in free agency, youd probably say boy this guy sucks and not think hes worth good money that hed deserve as a Top 10 drafted player.

Thats why it should just have scouting and the little pyrimad for rookies and give them a rating based on how they did rookie year or potential if they didnt really play.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

Can you please point me to a website with this information?

I've been looking for a while, cant find anything specific on an NFL players contract or through breezing through Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #32
Pro

???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »