Home

So are they gonna patch the sim stats bug in Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on So are they gonna patch the sim stats bug in Franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 04:35 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: So are they gonna patch the sim stats bug in Franchise mode?

I finally had a RB with over 10 TD's in a season on a CPU controlled team and that was Michael Turner. He had 2300 yards and 19 TD's. That type of yardage is rather ridiculous but oh well.

The stats are screwed up and guys, they're not going to fix it. They never fix the simmed stats in patches. Every year there is a problem and it's never fixed.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:48 AM   #50
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

My honest assessment, while part of it may be patchable, the OLB sacks issue is unpatchable. They need a 3rd and 4th "scheme" (each team has a "scheme" field in coaching strategies), as the CPU runs either "4-3" or "3-4"... the stat-gen 4-3 is based on the Jimmy Johnson 4-3, while the stat-gen 3-4 is based on the Dom Capers 3-4... the 46 hybrid and the 3-4 pressure focuses are not represented by statgen, thus the Ravens and Cowboys defenses don't even really exist in sim-world.

The 4-3 Cover 2 should also be represented. It generally gets pressure from the defensive tackles and brings a lot more DB blitzes than other schemes do.

It may be rectifiable by relying on Supersim... I'll be looking into that once I get the teams making realistic calls in-game.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:49 AM   #51
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

the more i read the forum the more i wonder my self...
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

i rememeber all IAN`s Blogs regarding how good the stats were, Pass rush,etc..

what happened?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #52
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

You can somewhat remedy the OLB thing by putting OLB's at DE for sim games, then put them back for games you play.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

i play enough games with my team to get reasonable stats... but i'm also forced to simulate many games just to get my OL reasonable amount of pancakes...

the only issue i have with franchise thus far is the lack of pancakes you get when you actually play games... but the nice thing about that is if you play game you probably dont get sacked nearly as much which also helps OL progression... point being is that i had no OL that let up more then 5 sacks each but only had 1 OL with more then 20 pancakes... & still managed to get 3 OL in the probowl...

so it isn't all that bad...

also... with people complaining about the tackles stats... i had no player over 89 tackles for the season & had 3 DL in the probowl & 2 LB's & 2 DB's

things like sacks & ints help alot... not just tackles

the RB sim stats are pretty pathetic though...

but in the end, if you play your games (assuming you don't suck or consistently have low scoring games) your stats should make up for the lack of stats produced during simulations

some of you guys also need to learn how to manipulate contracts too...
Old 09-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #54
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
the more i read the forum the more i wonder my self...
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

i rememeber all IAN`s Blogs regarding how good the stats were, Pass rush,etc..

what happened?
Exactly. What about "sim stats look right on". "Sim stats in franchise are a good representation to what happens in the NFL..." Annoying.

This may be one of the worst sim engines in quite some time and there have been a lot of awful sim engines that come to mind.

I haven't complained much about this game, but this is very irritating to an offline franchise player. I don't give a rat's *** about on-line and on-line franchise. Breaking news: Most people don't play in on-line franchises and dynasties.

I shouldn't have to control all 32 teams, change schemes, subs %s, do a ninja roll and meditate in a yoga position to get sim stats to be close to "What we see on Sunday".

Last edited by J-Unit40; 09-01-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #55
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
Messing with the Coaching Philosophies should affet this a little bit. And you should still be able to play your games, but maybe super sim the rest. I couldn't get Romo over 300 yds, but everything else looked okay. I was actually trying to get the CB's some tackles at the time, and that seemed to work. Someone else reported that there were way to many KR and PR touchdowns.

Do you think that if we adjusted RB ratings we might in turn increase TD's and ypc issues.
yeah good call i still haven't really messed with the coaching styles yet to be honest. at this point, i feel like way too much time needs to be invested in order to be able to play a realistic game so i've given up and stopped playing franchise. i'm patiently waiting for patch 1 at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm not going to waste my time controlling all 32 teams and messing with coaching philosophies when it's not even confirmed that it does anything. Adem just said on the last page that the problem is that there are only two playbooks (Jim Johnson 4-3 and Dom Capers 3-4). They don't have the Cowboys/Ravens pressure 3-4 or a 4-3 cover 2 defense. I don't get how they can just neglect to put these defenses in there when you're simming. They have the defenses in the game, why not make them an option when simming?

Is it just pure laziness or what?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »