Home

Idea: Random ratings

This is a discussion on Idea: Random ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Idea: Random ratings

Something that would be great for scouting would be the ability to scout a team rather than a player.

Let's imagine I'm an NFL head coach and I send my scout to a Gators game to scout Brandon Spikes. I'd be pretty pissed if he did not report that Tebow is a damn fine QB!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

It hink they should fix potential some how. Guys who are rated "A" shouldn't just become stars, and guys with "C" potential shouldn't just suck, there should be a chance for someone like that to become a star, Tom Brady style.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovangian
Phobia this is one of the best idea anyone has had. this will even the playing field and also allow people to play with their favorite teams on line.
Thanks guys. People forward this to Ian, maybe madden 11 can incorp something along these lines.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #20
Rookie

slimdagreat's Arena

OVR: 2

This is an excellent idea.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 9

In regards to the notion of consistency, one thing I would like to see is an alteration of ratings due to home and road games. With lesser players in key positions suffering from a greater chance to experience a ratings drop/increase for or even during some portion of a game based on circumstances.

Great ideas overall - as long as they fix some of the longstanding problems as well I'd love to see some of the ideas in this thread make it into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #22
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

This would be similar to the old Hot/Cold streaks. But I think this is an interesting idea. Perhaps a consistency rating that closes the gap on stats.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by poilbrun
Something that would be great for scouting would be the ability to scout a team rather than a player.

Let's imagine I'm an NFL head coach and I send my scout to a Gators game to scout Brandon Spikes. I'd be pretty pissed if he did not report that Tebow is a damn fine QB!
Yeah, during the season maybe be able to scout a team and then have team pro days in the off season.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 22

First off, this is a wonderful idea. But I would like to see an implementation of streakiness within games. I don't really know an example, but I'm sure there are QBs that can't stay accurate on some drives, but in that same game they'll come out with fire in another couple of drives.

Also, I think this would be a great opportunity for having coaches being a factor in games. Let's say you have a streaky, young QB. If that team has a great QB coach, offensive coordinator and Head Coach, then you could see him gradually becoming more consistent and reaching his full potential after talking with the coach especially after the half. This would really be great.

I also think they should have consistency for every position.
For OL, it could impact how well and consistent they make the right reads and block the right guy.
For WR: making the right reads and cuts. You get the idea.

I think this really could affect gameplay on the field like playbook knowledge did in HC09. This would affect how often each player completes their assignment.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »