Home

How many Play the way I do!

This is a discussion on How many Play the way I do! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: How many Play the way I do!

I know whats up the Skins fans in my thread!!!

I agree what ever way makes the game fun for you is the way you should play, I hate when I see a thread and guys like I traded for this guy or traded for that guy and people in His thread and bash him about it. If you love to play sim ( i do play sim in NCAA) or like me kinda Fantasy football feel to it. Thats great, like you said more power to you. at the end of the day its a game. An I just wanted to start a thread that didnt bash or complain about the game, But Skins fans!!! Mods can get I get some help wit that.. joking of course..

and TJ if you checking out my thred "The kick is up its got..... well you know the rest I'm sure...
Old 08-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I agree. However, what is real? I have no issues with someone turning the Vikes (for example) into a run-and-shoot spread offense.

But I am with you in that I don't do anything "cheesy". I never take advantage of discovered money plays and I don't have problems with losing (well, I do but I don't).

I am currently using the Bears and am 1-1.
Now Cheesy is a differnt story... Like I know whats goin on with the Flats but I think I have lik a total of 20 catches with my RB. If cheesy is going for it on 4th and 11 from my own 47.. then yes I'm the cheesest (in your mind) in my mind I want to break records and and score TD..
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I love playing that way to pad the stats. Im in my second year with Green Bay and I just beat the vikings 61-28. Now I didnt even have much of an offense in the game the Vikings were shuting me down. No 100 Yard Rushers and no 100 Yard Wide Recivers, but mY defense was getting a lot of picks and returning them for touchdowns. Now last Season I had over 5000 with Rodgers, and Grant only had 1300 due to injury. Jennings had over 2000 and 26 TD. Rodgers had 59. I had 3 1000 yard wide recivers. I have always played that way, but I do like to kick field Goals as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I try to be sim, but if my RB has 98 yards and I'm up by 24 points with 40 seconds left, I'll try to get him 2 yards.

I do the same thing lol. I try to have my recievers have over 100 yard recieving also. I try to make my star players have stats like stars. I dont try to run for 2000 yards but I luv to run the ball so it happens sometimes
Old 08-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

I play both ways. If I am writing out a Dynasty report it's as sim as I can be which is totally the way I play people online, but I also run myself through NCAA trying to break all the records, then draft him over to Madden and try to do the same. It's fun for a change of pace kind of thing, but overall I am pretty much as sim as you can get when it comes to compitition with someone online.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

I like this thread, its kind of nice to go into a thread and not have it be a bitchfest about the game or people who like/dislike the game. That being said, I play my sports video games the same way everytime.

Generally I will stick to a game plan when I go into a season. I want my team to get better. Be that through trades, FA, drafting, whatever, my job is to put the best team out their as possible.
If I can make a trade that improves my team, or a signing that makes me better, I do it. I don't worry that it may not happen in real life, because lets be honest, bad trades happen in real life. (ie Wayne Gretzky to the Kings in the NHL or Scott Rolen to the Reds for ????)

I do not pick up players to trade them, I will keep them for at least one year, unless I signed them for a short term, like a playoff run or to fill an injury.

I will also try to get that running back his 100th yard, but I also like to make sure my kicker has his chance to be the hero and win a game for me.

If I find a glitch, be it on the field ro with the AI and their trade decisions, I will not exploit it.
However, if I am playing against the CPU and it exploits a glitch then I will exploit it right back for everytime it uses it.

I, in no way, try to simulate what will happen in real life in the upcoming seasons and I do not care if a back up quarterback leads the NFL in passing yardage and touchdowns, sometimes it happens (ie see Tom Brady).

I play video games for my enjoyment, not the enjoyment of others. I feel if you are happy with the game the way you play it, good on you, keep playing and enjoy it.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

I go for it on 4th and less then 5 yards in my franchise as long as I'm past my 40.

The thing thats weird is that you never kick FG's. Why? It's free points. Kicking is easy.

If it's 4th and 20 on your opponents 25 you will go for it and not kick a FG?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #16
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

One of the worst thing I do to pad stats in my off-line franchises only is if I'm going to get a pick-six, I run out of bounds at the 1 so that my QB or RB can get the TD. I always feel like such an idiot if I don't end up scoring a TD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »