Home

Sacks ruing the game for anyone else?

This is a discussion on Sacks ruing the game for anyone else? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sacks ruing the game for anyone else?

Finished my first offline franchise... Default sliders... Joey Porter 12 sacks, Jason Taylor about 8 or 9. Wake finished with like 7 or 8, too.

You just have to work work work on every down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #26
Rookie

titanswin53's Arena

OVR: 2

I dont know, maybe cause I use Tennessee I feel like I get too many sacks some games in my off franchise.

Thru week 9 Im ranked 3rd in the league for Sacks, and #1 for INT's(which I expected). KVB has 13(probably all I controlled) and Kearse has 9. And this is from me only controlling them on 3rd downs. I am normally controlling Bulluck to make sure he gets alot of tackles.

Most of Kearse's sacks have come after I have gotten a sack with KVB....as I have had to deal with triple team blocks on multiple occasions.

And of course if your pick the right D, you are going to get a coverage sack...teams that dont normally Blitz(Titans, maybe Giants) get these sacks from plays breaking down and the QB holding on too long(which happens in this game).

Edit: And my Pass Rush slider is at 65. And I never use Turbo if Im controlling KVB....I wait for him to beat his man, and if there is a clear road Ill tap the sprint, then hit dive....and no its not that silly falling down/trip the QB up animation, there is one where you hit it just right, your guy jumps on the QB....usually causes fumbles.

I've watched replays and you can see it comes from hitting the QB's blindside.

Last edited by titanswin53; 08-27-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #27
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
D*mn, how much for your copy of the game? I played the Eagles three games ago and McNabb went back to pass and when I got pressure on him he slid to the ground. He did this three times in the game and the worst part was it was recorded as a run for a loss, he was clearly passing and I still did not get the sack recorded. I guess the game just does not like the Bears or something. I finished the game with 0 sacks.

Was this a franchise or Play Now game? Maybe there is a difference when playing in franchise. I have tried Bill's sliders before but I guess I will try version 3 tonight and see if that magically helps.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #28
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

This is definitely a problem. I will try not to let it ruin the game though. Mainly because with DB's sliders this is really the best playing football gaming experience I have EVER had. Hopefully a patch can help this, because I could understand if this is totally ruining Madden this year for other people.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #29
Banned

dallas fan's Arena

OVR: 2

There is no way any QB should have 5-7 seconds to throw unless its a prevent D and only 3 linemen attacking the QB. I have seen instances where an all out blitz is picked up and the QB still has ample time to pass, which is crazy. I use D.Ware and he rarely if ever gets a good speed rush on the outside past even sh**ty linemen and if he does manage to squeak by there is usually a pesky HB or FB ready to stand him up cold. I dont expect pressure with him every down but geez, it seems like the more I control him the more he gets shut down so it makes me use other lesser blitzers to try and free him up. The problem is even slow weaker linemen have super natural blocking abilities, I mean they slide into position instantly and stonewall defenders unnaturally like robots. Only on occasion does a DB blitz produce a good free hit on the QB, other than that the QB flops out some intentional grounding (which is not called)or a dead duck just to get rid of the ball before a sack. Anyone ever see the QB tuck and take a sack like in real life? NEVER!

Last edited by dallas fan; 08-27-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
D*mn, how much for your copy of the game? I played the Eagles three games ago and McNabb went back to pass and when I got pressure on him he slid to the ground. He did this three times in the game and the worst part was it was recorded as a run for a loss, he was clearly passing and I still did not get the sack recorded. I guess the game just does not like the Bears or something. I finished the game with 0 sacks.

Was this a franchise or Play Now game? Maybe there is a difference when playing in franchise. I have tried Bill's sliders before but I guess I will try version 3 tonight and see if that magically helps.
Franchise mode. With Bill Harris V3 sliders. It works great. I had 5 sacks that game. None user controlled. Sometimes I don't even blitz and get a sack. I've had some awesome blindside sacks that cause fumbles. QB actually never sees it coming. And when I do control the linemen, I even hold TURBO and I can still get pressure.

ROBO QB has to do with the CPU Passblocking slider I believe. Its one of the sliders i'm sure. Because I had one slider set where I saw ROBO QB and promptly changed to a new one.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 13

The main problems seems to be with 3-4 teams. And when you do get pressure with 3-4 teams, its with the DLine. I play with the Steelers who have the best blitzing LB corps in the league, and I am lucky to get 1 sack in three games with them. And Ive tried nearly all the suggestions and different slider settings, and very little has changed. When I do get pressure with my LBs, the QBs throws it. Yes, you can expect that in real life to if the QB sees the blitzer, but even if he doesnt, this still happens...

And Im sorry, Im not going to play all arcadey like some people on here and dive for the sack. Completely unrealistic and stupid.

Some people may not be having issues with getting sacks, but ALOT of people are, and I just provided video proof of why this is a AI/programming issue and not just a user issue.

Its either that, or blocking becomes unreal. Like Steve Slaton blocking Aaron Smith like he is Joe Thomas or a 70 overall rated RT with mediocre pass blocking DOMINATING LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison ALL game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
The main problems seems to be with 3-4 teams. And when you do get pressure with 3-4 teams, its with the DLine. I play with the Steelers who have the best blitzing LB corps in the league, and I am lucky to get 1 sack in three games with them. And Ive tried nearly all the suggestions and different slider settings, and very little has changed. When I do get pressure with my LBs, the QBs throws it. Yes, you can expect that in real life to if the QB sees the blitzer, but even if he doesnt, this still happens...

And Im sorry, Im not going to play all arcadey like some people on here and dive for the sack. Completely unrealistic and stupid.

Some people may not be having issues with getting sacks, but ALOT of people are, and I just provided video proof of why this is a AI/programming issue and not just a user issue.

Its either that, or blocking becomes unreal. Like Steve Slaton blocking Aaron Smith like he is Joe Thomas or a 70 overall rated RT with mediocre pass blocking DOMINATING LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison ALL game.

That video right there is flat out SAD. No way something like that should be occurring. Did you at least get intentional grounding?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »