Home

2 ridiculous glitches back to back plays

This is a discussion on 2 ridiculous glitches back to back plays within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
2 ridiculous glitches back to back plays

Let me preface this nonsense by saying the most ridiculous glitch i had ever seen was on Madden 09 ..posted on youtube...Sam Madison of the NYG was up in the catwalk of the St Louis Dome...if i didnt see it with my own eyes..i wouldnt have believed it...i think he was up there for a couple of plays before making at TD saving tackle ...
Fast-forward to Madden1o,

First ridiculous glitch ...3rd and med..toss play to Tomlinson...and the linebacker shoots the gap and INTERCEPTS my lateral...Yes he intercepts the lateral and is tackled by Tomlinson by his shoe strings...

Then, on the subsequent play on defense my OLB is injured and is carried off on the medical cart..one problem....there was NOoooo cart...so Shawn Philips floated in a seated position to the sidelines...

Last edited by viceguy; 08-26-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2 ridiculous glitches back to back plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceguy
Let me preface this nonsense by saying the most ridiculous glitch i had ever seen was on Madden 09 ..posted on youtube...Sam Madison of the NYG was up in the catwalk of the St Louis Dome...if i didnt see it with my own eyes..i wouldnt have believed it...i think he was up there for a couple of plays before making at TD saving tackle ...
Fast-forward to Madden1o,

First ridiculous glitch ...3rd and med..toss play to Tomlinson...and the linebacker shoots the gap and INTERCEPTS my lateral...Yes he intercepts the lateral and is tackled by Tomlinson by his shoe strings...

Then, on the subsequent play on defense my OLB is injured and is carried off on the medical cart..one problem....there was NOoooo cart...so Shawn Philips floated in a seated position to the sidelines...

Catching a toss is NOT a glitch

Old 08-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Catching a toss is NOT a glitch

A toss play as in a backwards lateral 5-6 yards behind the line of scrimmage with the ball going in the same direction as the defender...physically impossible ...are you crazy?
Old 08-27-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
A toss play as in a backwards lateral 5-6 yards behind the line of scrimmage with the ball going in the same direction as the defender...physically impossible ...are you crazy?
Oh! All tosses are not thrown that far behind the line. I say it is not a glitch since I have seen it happen more than once. If the play takes too long to develop and the guy that intercepts it goes untouched it is more than possible

Old 08-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
Banned

klb835's Arena

OVR: 12

I'll be the first to say, I've never ever ever ever seen a toss intercepted in real life.

Regardless of how long the play takes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Oh! All tosses are not thrown that far behind the line. I say it is not a glitch since I have seen it happen more than once. If the play takes too long to develop and the guy that intercepts it goes untouched it is more than possible
Moronic...its instantaneous in the game and nano-seconds in real life..the linebacker was behind the quarter back between the qb and rb...he morphed 3-4yards in one step.....of course its a glitch!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #7
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Moronic...its instantaneous in the game and nano-seconds in real life..the linebacker was behind the quarter back between the qb and rb...he morphed 3-4yards in one step.....of course its a glitch!!!
its called adaptive ai my fried, the linebacker KNEW it was coming he had to so he jumped on this. A few years ago i seen somethen similar with Jon Kitna and the bengals it can happen in real life next time outsmart the aI and step your game up.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
its called adaptive ai my fried, the linebacker KNEW it was coming he had to so he jumped on this. A few years ago i seen somethen similar with Jon Kitna and the bengals it can happen in real life next time outsmart the aI and step your game up.
So youre saying Kitna threw an interception on a backwards lateral toss play? Impossible...it can never happen....its not adaptive ai..its called broken ai ...broken game..the best play the linebacker could have made was to either sack my qb which also would be extremely rare as he would have to have come thru the line untouched...or tackle the RB in the backfield..thats it...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »