Home

Science of Brady

This is a discussion on Science of Brady within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Science of Brady

There was a book written called 'How We Decide' that uses Tom Brady as an example. I dont like Brady, but he is great at making quick decisions.

It also helps me understand why people like slow speed when they play Madden.

Quote:
The first example is very informative, the power of implicit, reflexive, and intuitive thought is illustrated through the ability of the New England Patriots' quarterback Tom Brady to select an open wide receiver in a matter of seconds. Brady's genius is not in his ability to reflect and process on a conscious level, rather, it is his sharpness of reflexive instinct. A dichotomy between the encapsulated reflexive cognition and reflective conscious thought is common sense.

http://scienceblogs.com/gnxp/2009/05...happens_in.php
The NFL is a fast game. Too many times Ive heard on this forum that throwing windows are too fast, and that some of you want more time. Thats how the NFL is though, why complain about something thats realistic? Why not just appreciate it?

Now we have slow speed for online games and its being passed off as being more sim. The reality is that SLOW is just easier to play. Some of you may like that, but Its not what we see on Sundays.

Last edited by MAHAM; 08-27-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 04:07 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Science of Brady

After playing on SLOW, then trying to do some Calculus, my mind explodes.

Slow may have realistic animations, but yeah it makes decision making Far far too easy.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

That's kind of the point tho, isn't it? If everyone had more time, maybe everyone could do what Tom Brady does lol

Last edited by bronco92; 08-27-2009 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
After playing on SLOW, then trying to do some Calculus, my mind explodes.

Slow may have realistic animations, but yeah it makes decision making Far far too easy.
The AI seems to be a little better on Slow, and thats a good thing, but when throwing the ball theres too much time to make reads. I just wish there was more balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »