Home

Ronde Barber

This is a discussion on Ronde Barber within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 03:26 AM   #33

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Ronde Barber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
^^^^

Ronde's not too bad, he did at least do better than Cromartie

Yeh Ronde deserves his bad rating lol. How Cromartie came away with 89, I'm flabergasted.
It seems that in madden all you need is one beasty year(cromartie 10 INTs) and you'll get the benefit of the doubt even if you have a very bad season. I'm guessing his hip injury also gives him the benefit of the doubt(Like LT's toe and groin injury) in the madden world. They will both have something to prove this season even though LT needs to prove nothing he feels like he does.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:33 AM   #34
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
It seems that in madden all you need is one beasty year(cromartie 10 INTs) and you'll get the benefit of the doubt even if you have a very bad season. I'm guessing his hip injury also gives him the benefit of the doubt(Like LT's toe and groin injury) in the madden world. They will both have something to prove this season even though LT needs to prove nothing he feels like he does.
I think its media bias though. I think LT shud be rated higher. But the media thinks he's declining so he has a low rating. The media only remembers Cromartie's 3 picks against Manning, and nothing else.

Perception.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:07 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tomlinson is coming off a 3.8 carry year and 1110 yards. He is overrated and should be rated lower. If the Chargers started Turner all of those years he would have put up the same numbers and even Sproles has more ypc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 04:20 AM   #36

SouthernBrick's Arena

Cromarite is young, very athletic, talented and he hasn't been in the NFL very long (only 3 seasons) and he has had one really good year. I do think cromartie is better than the season he had last year, which was about as bad as a season he will ever have again (hopefully). Cromartie has the potential to be one of the better corners in the league which is also to his advantage in his favor in the madden ratings. You gotta remember though overall doesn't mean as much as people think it does.

I would give Cromartie at least an 75-80 because, his rookie year he didn't play much which was in 2006. 2007 was his best year obviously, but he had a huge fall off in 2008. His ratings in madden are good because of his 2007 year, but the way I see it is his ratings are his to lose if he doesn't do well in 2009.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:28 AM   #37

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Slaton #1 Fan
Tomlinson is coming off a 3.8 carry year and 1110 yards. He is overrated and should be rated lower. If the Chargers started Turner all of those years he would have put up the same numbers and even Sproles has more ypc.
What about tomlinson ratings should come down and don't say overall because overall doesn't mean anything really?

I do realize it seems a bit high for a back of his age and what he did last season but, he is one of the better backs of the league. Like I said earlier LT gets the benifit of the doubt because of his injuries and what he's done in the past. He is said to be pretty much injury free so there should be no excuses. Unless the Oline keep playing like the way it is but, hey its pre-season so I can't judge just yet.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
What about tomlinson ratings should come down and don't say overall because overall doesn't mean anything really?

I do realize it seems a bit high for a back of his age and what he did last season but, he is one of the better backs of the league. Like I said earlier LT gets the benifit of the doubt because of his injuries and what he's done in the past. He is said to be pretty much injury free so there should be no excuses. Unless the Oline keep playing like the way it is but, hey its pre-season so I can't judge just yet.
Ok, going off of the latest roster update I think his carry should be bumped up another 2 points to 99. This is the one area where he is still elite. However, his trucking could drop 3 or 4, his mover and elusiveness could all drop 4 or 5. He has already been dropped some in those areas but I think he has really fallen off into the average area in each of those areas.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

in madden 10 i moved slow r.barber to safety and he went from 84 or whatever ovr to 93 or something.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #40

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Ok, going off of the latest roster update I think his carry should be bumped up another 2 points to 99. This is the one area where he is still elite. However, his trucking could drop 3 or 4, his mover and elusiveness could all drop 4 or 5. He has already been dropped some in those areas but I think he has really fallen off into the average area in each of those areas.
As long as the carry rating is amoung the highest even if he ties with someone I'm good. I think his trucking should be between 75-80 and elusiveness 80-85. I think thats a fair rating for what I've seen so far from LT in the pre-season. Now if we can just get that O-line together we'll be in business because, from what I've seen so far its looking pretty bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »