Home

Advanced vs Hardcore Playcalling

This is a discussion on Advanced vs Hardcore Playcalling within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2009, 02:34 AM   #57
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Advanced vs Hardcore Playcalling

After playing several games in my franchise using hardcore,I'm thoroughly convinced that there IS a difference.

I was using advanced before,but after seeing this thread and trying it out,I couldn't believe the difference (no placebo effect).
Before teams (any) were blitzing the crap outta me,and leaving WAY to many open receivers.....but since having switched to hardcore,I'm noticing that teams will hold off and actually catch me by surprise with the blitz.

It seems to me that the cpu is more "aware" of the situation,especially when you come out in shotgun formation. How I tested this was I would run a play out of shotgun (that would work 95% of the time)....and what I noticed,was that is was considerably harder to complete the pass.

Sweed would be in the slot,and when the cpu would blitz,it was an easy completion,but after switching to hardcore....I notice that there's always someone covering him now,and 9/10 times the underneath stuff is covered as well.

What this does do though,is allow you to go through your progressions,and if there's "nothing" there,attempt to take off with the qb.
Sometimes it works,and others it does not...but I do know,what I've witnessed was NOT some sort of "placebo" effect.

For those saying it doesn't do anything,I don't know what to tell ya....but from MY experience,the effect was noticeable right away.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-31-2009, 02:40 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 11

im probably grasping here, but has anyone noticed an improved user-controlled team pass rush on hardcore?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 5

I haven't noticed a difference over three or four games of hardcore.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:14 AM   #60
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
im probably grasping here, but has anyone noticed an improved user-controlled team pass rush on hardcore?
I have. I play with the lions and my DE Dwayne White is leading the league in sacks. I have 18 through 13 games.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:22 AM   #61
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
I have. I play with the lions and my DE Dwayne White is leading the league in sacks. I have 18 through 13 games.
Even on advanced I got over 15 sacks with White in regular season. I didn't really notice a difference. But I'll play my whole 3rd Franchise season in hardcore and see what I see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 12:04 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 34

I call placebo on this one. I played a online franchise game vs the cpu..played the texans, and they werent blitz happy in the least.

This game feels like a RPG sometimes. I think the type of game you get out tof the computer, has a great deal to do with just random probablity..
Old 08-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've switched to hardcore and when I played the Seahawks they were sitting back instead of blitzing. Philly blitzed but not as much as before. Its tough to tell and may be a little subjective here but I am getting the feeling that the blizing is toned down. My money third down play is no longer money because the middle LBS aren't always blitzing. As long as I don't KNOW they are going to blitz that may be enough.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hmm there may be something here actually. At first I dismissed this as placebo but then I played a couple quarters and it didn't seem like there was as much blitzing. Until someone takes some statistical data it will be hard to prove.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »