Home

QB Evade/Scrambling

This is a discussion on QB Evade/Scrambling within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: QB Evade/Scrambling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
So did he actually specifically avoid the lineman, or did he just happen to not run into him? Which way was the guy coming, and which way did you bump the stick?

I'm assuming that we'd hit the stick laterally if the rush comes vertically and hit the stick vertically if the rush comes laterally.

I think I'm going to have to do some more labbing on this. I'd also like to get a solid feel using playmaker. It'd fit Roethlisberger's abilities well.
Avoided him, he was coming up the middle. I bumped the stick forward, I think,like I said, it was accidental.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I honestly have never used the right stick in this game to evade with the QB. I probably should, considering I use the Eagles, but when I'm one-on-one with a free rusher, I usually end up scrambling either out of the pocket or dropping back more just to give my receivers an extra split second
Me too, but that's limiting. I want to use a tool they gave us in the R-stick properly. I think it could really open up our offenses if we hold that kind of power to beat the blitz even more.

@ segagendude

hmm, maybe I need to flick the stick INTO the oncoming defender to avoid him. Thanks for the information!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 08-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
@ segagendude

hmm, maybe I need to flick the stick INTO the oncoming defender to avoid him. Thanks for the information!
Yeah, I think that's the idea. You can use the left stick if you wanna just maneuver around him, and use the right stick if you wanna make an attempt to break his tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #12
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
By accident, yes. I went to throw and was trying to lead the receiver, but bumped the right stick early. My QB ducked just as a lineman went over him. Pretty cool, actually, and it gave me that extra second to pass for a first down.

*edit* Didn't read your question right. No, it wasn't a broken tackle, it was an avoidance move.
right stick to lead receiver?

- started 11/15/08
Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
right stick to lead receiver?
Yeah, I think that's what the manual says.Unless I'm wrong?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Yeah, I think that's what the manual says.Unless I'm wrong?
The L-stick will lead the reciever.

@ RayAP = I think we're leaning in the right direction. It makes sense to flick the stick AT the defender in order to shed the tackle. I was unsure if the R-stick was solely for maneuvering or actually helping shedding tackles from oncoming defenders. Logically it'd break tackles, I've just never seen it. On to the lab a bit later. I'll report results.

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 08-29-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
The L-stick will lead the reciever.
That's why I said it was an accident, lol. My stick skills s*ck bigtime.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #16
MVP

OK I figured it out!

If you want to break tackles as your QB when scrambling you need to use the R-trigger to get into scramble mode. I have experienced ZERO breaking of tackles with using the R-stick exclusively while sitting in the pocket.

Once in scramble mode I think the R-stick does help break tackles. I repeatedly sent DB blitzes on Roethlisberger in 5 WR formations to isolate him in a favorable situation to break a tackle and with the scramble mode activated he broke the DB's tackle more often than not. It was pretty cool. I did see broken tackles without using the R-stick so I'm not completely sure if it is contributing to the broken tackles, but it isn't hurting

Hope this helps anyone out there with similar questions. I think nobody knew because I never really got any answers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »