Home

Is there a patch coming out for this game

This is a discussion on Is there a patch coming out for this game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is there a patch coming out for this game

So I make a legitimately different thread asking if people think this game can become great with a patch and it gets locked. But the mods decide this can stay open because it's oh so different from the other patch threads. And we already know there's a patch coming
Old 08-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #34
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
That's not even close to making any sense. That's like saying someone's living grandparents are a part of their grandchild's generation just from the simple fact that they're both alive right now.

Last generation was the PS2 and Xbox. Two generations ago was the PS1, N64, and Dreamcast, etc.

The fact that Madden 07 came out on the PS2 (last generation of video game consoles) along with a version of the game on the 360 means absolutely nothing. They're not even made by the same developing team... Plus most of the glitches that plagues the PS2 version of Madden have been there for years, years before the Xbox 360 was even officially called the 360.

Can we just agree that you want to have a particular opinion based on absolutely nothing? You're scrambling to argue your point but you're making very little sense.
Actually you're the one making no sense. Were there living grandparents born the same year as their grandchildren? No, but if they were, hypothetically, then wouldn't they be considered part of that generation? Madden 07 on PS2 came out the same year as Madden 07 on xbox360. They also touted similar features. What don't you understand? The company had already made a shift to patches and what not for madden 07. It's in the next gen era. Yes, it's on an old gen system, but it's in a next gen era. And, like I said before, in the next gen era, EA is about putting out an unfinished product and patching it later.

In case you forgot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
That's all fine and dandy, but 07 was on xbox360 as well. I count that as nextgen. Just because it was on PS2 as well, it's still in the next gen era. The glitches in this next gen era have been horrible. When have you ever played a game of madden where you couldn't go passed a certain year in franchise because it freezes. Not until this gen of patches and DLC. Still I think we will have to agree to disagree. Agree?

Last edited by splff3000; 08-29-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #35
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Actually you're the one making no sense. Were there living grandparents born the same year as their grandchildren? If they were, hypothetically, then wouldn't they be considered part of that generation? Madden 07 on PS2 came out the same year as Madden 07 on xbox360. They also touted similar features. What don't you understand? The company had already made a shift to patches and what not for madden 07. It's in the next gen era. Yes, it's on an old gen system, but it's in a next gen era. And, like I said before, in the next gen era, EA is about putting out an unfinished product and patching it later.
But you don't seem to understand that the playstation 2 does not have the ability to download patches for a game...it is the old generation of consoles...it's the grandparent that's still around.

It doesn't matter when the game comes out, it matters what console it's on. When the developing team made the PS2 version of Madden 07, they were not thinking "well we can always patch this" because they can not patch a PS2 game. That's for any game made on the PS2, whether the game was developed yesterday or in 2003.

Once again, the game was made in the 'next gen era' but that does not change the fact it is limited by last gen hardware. Unless you found some way to download non existent patches on your PS2.

It's pretty safe to say that last gen games had just as many issues as current gen games, they just couldn't patch games back then. That's not opinion, the facts are all over the place for you to see if you want to see them.

If you chose to mince facts and consider a game on a last generation console a "next gen" game solely based on the date that it came out, then that's on you. But don't try to argue your point of view as fact when you've readily admitted several times that you either don't know the difference between the past gen and current gen and you don't know what you're talking about, or you know the difference but chose to view two completely separate things as one in the same.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 08-29-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #36
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:

It's pretty safe to say that last gen games had just as many issues as current gen games, they just couldn't patch games back then. That's not opinion, the facts are all over the place for you to see if you want to see them.
Really? Show me a clip of big time glitches on any Madden before 06. Yeah there was rocket catching and players sliding, but those have been in Madden for years so those ain't coming out. Show me a game freezing. Show me a QB not handing the ball off to the RB. Show me a HB direct snap glitch. Show me! It's not just a coincidence that this stuff started happening when next gen systems came out. I keep talking about Madden in the next gen era and you keep talking about Madden and next gen systems.

Last edited by splff3000; 08-29-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #37
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Really? Show me a clip of big time glitches on any Madden before 06. Yeah there was rocket catching and players sliding, but those have been in Madden for years so those ain't coming out. Show me a game freezing. Show me a QB not handing the ball off to the RB. Show me a HB direct snap glitch. Show me! It's not just a coincidence that this stuff started happening when next gen systems came out. I keep talking about Madden in the next gen era and you keep talking about Madden and next gen systems.
Ughh I'm tired of this...I'll make this my last post. If you're talking about specific glitches then you're just trying to be right in a situation where we both know you're wrong...a glitch is a glitch...it shouldn't be there period. On the 360 and PS3 they can do something about that...on the PS2 and Xbox, they could not.

And here's your video of a game made in 03-04, and released in 2004...a full year before the 360 came out. But I'm sure you'll find some way to twist words around and this is surely the fault of "the next gen era" right? They just released the game and said "we can always patch it."

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 08-29-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #38
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Ughh I'm tired of this...I'll make this my last post. If you're talking about specific glitches then you're just trying to be right in a situation where we both know you're wrong...a glitch is a glitch...it shouldn't be there period. On the 360 and PS3 they can do something about that...on the PS2 and Xbox, they could not.

And here's your video of a game made in 03-04, and released in 2004...a full year before the 360 came out. But I'm sure you'll find some way to twist words around and this is surely the fault of "the next gen era" right? They just released the game and said "we can always patch it."

Well if that's your last post then this is mine and we can squash it. Almost all those glitches are just penalties that are not called or glitches that are done by someone to someone.....mostly online. Penalties not being called is not a glitch. It's the way the game is programed. You can ask any madden gamer whether they would take those "glitches" in that video or the game freeze glitch and the can't advance the franchise glitch. That's just 2 in a long line of game killing glitches. When I say game killing, I mean that literally, because you can't continue after those glitches. Anyway finally, like I said before, we can just agree to disagree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »