Home

thumbs up to weather effects

This is a discussion on thumbs up to weather effects within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
thumbs up to weather effects

this is really the first football game ive played where weather truly does affect the gameplay. its amazing how much less accurate kicks and throws are in the rain (havent played in the snow yet). after 14 games either in nice weather or inside, i had my first game in the rain against the dolphins. it had a COMPLETELY different feel to it than the previous 14 games. the ball would come out wobbly from time to time on throws, and i actually missed a field goal! it made the think about my playcalling, and it also seemed to make the cpu think about thiers as well. kudos to the devs on finally making weather play a part in the gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: thumbs up to weather effects

yea i lost my only game in the rain. my first rainy game was against the jags. Manning threw a ball that must of slipped coming out cause he let it go too early and it floated over waynes head into nelsons hands and he took it to the house. and when i finally figured it out and started to get it going on offense i kicked a FG for the win but AV sliced it. the loss was bittersweet.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I'm envying you all right now, lol. I just finished my first franchise with Cleveland and didn't see a bit of bad weather, lol.

It got cold a couple of games, but I've yet to play in snow or rain, maybe next season.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
Pro

i think thats good though, because its really annoying when there is too MUCH bad weather. im sure youll get a bad weather game in your next season, and itll be exciting when you do.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:15 AM   #5
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

i had a rain game in JAX and a snow game two weeks later in Buf.
I know there was a complaint thread about the weather not too long ago about not raining in the right months. I have not had any issue with the weather and being realistic i expected my game in buf to have snow, it was in december.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 AM   #6
Pro

seems realistic to me. only weird thing ive seen one season in is 93 degrees in jacksonville in december. im willing to just chalk that one up as a heat wave (a pretty big one, at that!)
Old 09-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Am I the only one who completely hates the weather effects because its simply not fair?

I'm the seahawks in rain against the 49ers.
Matt Hasselback is a accurate thrower, no doubt on that, but i have to say:
It doesn't matter how accurate you QB is and how unaccurate your opponents qb is, your team is always effected by the weather, but your opponent seems not to.

For example: Rain, no wind.
I play the first two quarters, my passing offensive slider is at 10.
I completed only one pass out of 14 attempts.
WTF? It doesn't matter, which team I am, if its rainy, my qb throws just horrible and overthrows everybody. Every throw ends up at least 3 yards away from where my wr is.
Its horrible.
And the cpu?
He plays like there is no rain, the cpu qb always ends up the same stats like there is no rain.
Everytime its rainy or snowy, i have to lower the passing offensive slider to 5 or so, just to get realistic results and not 1 out of 10

Old 09-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #8
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

My only gripe is I haven't seen any wind over 5 mph. Other than that loving the weather effects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »