Home

With the First Pick...

This is a discussion on With the First Pick... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 05:20 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: With the First Pick...

I would look hard at Aso in real life, but in Madden I have been able to throw on him pretty well. And when playing as the Raiders (controlling the D-Line) he gets torched.

I would take Peterson first, and then get my tackles and center. Worst case scenario a decent RT usually makes an above average guard, which is a plus.

Basically build up like a real team would. Inside out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #26
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
I would look hard at Aso in real life, but in Madden I have been able to throw on him pretty well. And when playing as the Raiders (controlling the D-Line) he gets torched.

I would take Peterson first, and then get my tackles and center. Worst case scenario a decent RT usually makes an above average guard, which is a plus.

Basically build up like a real team would. Inside out.
Strange. I've played 3 or 4 games as the Raiders and played against them once and in the 3 or 4 games I was the Raiders, Aso had a total of 9 INTs, and the 1 game I played against the Raiders, I threw it at him once all game and it was picked off.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15

After starting a Lions franchise, I can safely say that Calvin Johnson is the best player in the game. It is unfair for someone to be that big and that fast. Fitz is good, but if he gets beats you it's only a 40 yard gain. When Megatron beats you, it's a TD. Him and Stafford have been like Aikman and Irvin for me. Sometimes just for teh ****, I put Calvin in the Wildcat. Even then, no one can tackle him, much less keep up with him. He's simply dominant on a whole other level. He controls the game like no other player.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #28
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Strange. I've played 3 or 4 games as the Raiders and played against them once and in the 3 or 4 games I was the Raiders, Aso had a total of 9 INTs, and the 1 game I played against the Raiders, I threw it at him once all game and it was picked off.
I had the same type of results. I Played against the Raiders and tried him early on a play action pass and he picked it off. Then I played against my Brother and I was the Raiders. He tried him once and I picked it off. He said he wanted to try him but everytime he looked his way he was glued on his man and had no room to throw the ball.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #29
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
After starting a Lions franchise, I can safely say that Calvin Johnson is the best player in the game. It is unfair for someone to be that big and that fast. Fitz is good, but if he gets beats you it's only a 40 yard gain. When Megatron beats you, it's a TD. Him and Stafford have been like Aikman and Irvin for me. Sometimes just for teh ****, I put Calvin in the Wildcat. Even then, no one can tackle him, much less keep up with him. He's simply dominant on a whole other level. He controls the game like no other player.
After trying to do the Lions Madden Moment, I would never take Calvin. That man is the cause of my frustration. Nobody on that team can catch a ball the few times Culpepper actually throws it accurately, Calvin Johnson included.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #30
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

^^ LOL hard for me to pick a WR first Whitebread thats a good point building a team from the inside out is a great way to go. Im love how people clamore for WRs early when to me i rather have some decent guys and maybe draft one.. although it does help sometimes to have a guy who can come off press coverage

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 09-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd probably go with Adrian Peterson.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

im going with Peterson, Brady or Brees. AD is something serious, Brady is Brady and Brees is so accurate and strong with his throws.

I have some openings in my Fantasy Football league, I have individual def. players, 2 divisions, 16 team max, playoffs week 14,15,16, 6 teams make the playoffs. Division winners get top seeds. Draft is Friday 7:30 pm. Thanks.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....guefootballmlf

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »