Home

I just took part in the most amazing game in my 21 years of Madden!

This is a discussion on I just took part in the most amazing game in my 21 years of Madden! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #17
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: I just took part in the most amazing game in my 21 years of Madden!

LOL, breathe!

Cool story, good win.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #18
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Very nice man, congrats.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #19
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ville2ville
I was just going to post this in my Online Franchises Thread, but I figured i'd share since I spent some time making and uploading replays. It was the craziest game and I was excited when it happened so please bare with me with the excitement in my post, haha. I was running on straight adrenaline at the time:

I don't even know what to say right now. I can't believe the game I just played. I was down 22-12 in the fourth quarter... I don't even know what to say.Anyways in the 4th quarter I get the KO, and then this happened:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8888104

That was his SECOND return for a TD that game. So my only 2 TDs at this point are off KO returns. I pin the CPU on their 4 and they throw a broken coverage 96 ****ing yard TD to Johnson. I was pissed. 3 and out. And then M. Griffin gets a INT and I score a 55 TD to Nate Washington:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8888119

I'm now down 3 points with 4 minutes left and I can't stop Slaton for the life of me. I'm trying to get out with a FG so I can drive to score when I get the ball. THEY MISS THE FG. I have the ball with 45 seconds and no timeouts. Down 3. So A quick pass over the middle to Johnson and i've got daylight! But oh no i'm hawked down at the 7 ****ing yard line with like 17 seconds and i'm just jamming on the hurryup button, I figure I absolutely have to score here, so i hike it and throw to johnson and HE DROPS IT! Somehow someway there was still a second on the clock! So I kick the FG to send it to Overtime.

At this point i'm losing my mind and my focus. I win the coin toss and i'm sure it's gonna be my game. What next? Disaster:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8888108

Ahmad Hall ****ing FUMBLES on THEIR 33. They're in field goal range with the ball in OT. I was so pissed and they run ONE play and immediately line up for the game winning FG. It's over, the challenge fails and I honestly couldn't even look at the challenge replay. We line up for the FG.... You won't believe what happens:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8888091

I ****ing user caught the goddamn field goal!!! I have NEVER, EVER done anything like that in my 20 years of madden. I couldn't believe it. Like honestly, the camera like did this weird thing when I hit Y and I was so confused until I realized I had caught the damn ball.

I get the ball and i'm trying to just play my game, start with a 2 yard run, 2nd and 8 I run PA and get nano'd for a 15 yard ****ing loss. I have to punt from their 15. They get the ball and once again they are ALMOST in FG range on their 38. What happens next was, well, here:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8888136
TO WIN THE ****ING GAME.

I don't know how this will read, I tried to add as many replays as I could to break up my (not unwarranted imo) excitement. I have never had a game like this in madden. It was ridiculous. I'm 2-0 now, and I couldn't feel more impressed with this game. Holy ****. I'm just now cooling down 30 minutes later.

Here's some stats:

Collins: 19/29 268 1 TD 1 INT

C. Johnson 15 ATT 14 YDs (Mario Williams was ****ing me up)

L. Hawkings: 6 KR 328 YDs 2 TDS 98 Long (95)

M. Shaub: 18/23 392 YDs 4 TDS 2 INT
Slaton 27 ATT 116 YDS

Fake Edit: Check the Greatness Score of the INT for TD... 4230.. has anyone seen one ever been that high?!
wow i love games like that(although those are few and far between) sounds like it was epic.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ville2ville
This is the first time ive seen it and it was awesome.
It would be awesome if it wasn't a bug.

I first read about it and found it hilarious.
I then had it happen to me and basically the ball just stuck to the players hand. So my defender blocked AND caught a field goal with one hand. I was like "Child Please"
I then saw it again in your video and ya... quite ridiculous

Don't want to take anything away from your epic game, it's just how that one play took place
Old 09-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

i love games like this..to bad they dont happen often. if they did id actually play the game instead of fall asleep on it. ive been stuck on that "OTHER GAME" that cost .99, i just popped madden back in for the first time in 5 days to see what would happen it basicly sucked out my soul n left me so bored i almost got sick. 2k5 withdraw sucks cuz its so amazing it owns your soul i dont think madden has any more room inside me.. same thing happened to me last year. apf 2k8 gamplay engine is alot more fun too and its a next gen game! but when will they get this game right? it got sooo boring 2 weeks in and no slider set works but im glad you had one of them fun games. good for you bro. come on ian on with that patch!!! lets see what ya can do. i want a slider that makes games like this guy just had you can call it the not boring slider i want madden to own my soul please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would have to agree, there are quite a few great games I have been apart of dince playing my offline franchise. I swear this year is by far the best of the next gen and I have had nothing but great experiences since playing. Even my pre-season games were exciting to see my rookies and 2nd and 3rd string players giving it their all.

Great post OP, I am in the same baot as you, these games are totally emmersive this year.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:58 AM   #23
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I don' want to steal the OP's thunder, and I don't think this will, but I played a Franchise game of KC against the Ravens in week 1. 15min quarters, custom sliders.

Going into the final 3min of the game the score is 16-13 Ravens. It has been a back and forth struggle filled with punts, a few big plays and a missed FG [FG accuracy set to 44]. I start to drive the ball down field. A pass here, a draw there, a screen here, a counter there. Things are looking good. I'm moving into position to at least tie the game with a FG and I have one time out in my pocket. I'm feeling good.

I drop back to pass with Matt Cassel and I see Marvin Harrison [that I grabbed from free agency to give Matt a solid #2WR for a season or two] start to break open under Ed Reed for a 10 yard gain and give him a nice touch pass... but oh no... Matt doesn't make a good throw and it's heading right to #20... NO! It's picked and Reed is tackled by Harrison. The ravens come out and chew on the clock for the win, final score Ravens 16, Chiefs 13.

This may not sound like much, but with 15min quartes that was a great low scoring game that was intense from start to finish. I lost, but what an epic game overal and it felt realistic. That was the best game of Madden I have ever played.

P.S.I have said it before, it's not like I hate losing to the computer, I just don't want to feel cheated. On All-Madden the game feels like it is cheating you. When a nice pass morphs through your WR to become a pick, that feels like the game is cheating you. there are many example, but I don't need to list them here. Oh, and great story OP, just next time try to edit out the cursing please?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
The ability to catch a FG attempt needs to be taken out of the game.

I've never EVER seen a blocked FG *caught* by anyone.

I like that blocking kicks is actually possible now... but they should not be caught at the line.
hey, it's madden anything could happen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »