Home

Fix Franchise Weather

This is a discussion on Fix Franchise Weather within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Fix Franchise Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
I play offline Franchise but I'm connected to the internet via Xbox Live.

I did some tests with the Packers (in Franchise) for the upcoming 09/10 season and the weather was always the same for each week. I restarted my Franchise from scratch (i.e. selected 'New Franchise') and I got the same degrees, same weather for each week of the season.

I much prefer the old system where restarting the upcoming season would bring about different weather conditions for each week.
Well if you're connected to xbox live couldn't that mean that the weather IS actually live? Assuming you started the franchises on the same day wouldn't that make sense?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #18
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDemonazX
Well if you're connected to xbox live couldn't that mean that the weather IS actually live? Assuming you started the franchises on the same day wouldn't that make sense?
So any matches I play now in the month of September dictate how the weather will be in my Franchise come December/January time?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 25

weather CANT be LIVE or it just doesnt work as it should (wouldnt that be shocking!). It was pouring 3 nights ago here in boston, but my PATS game was BRIGHT and sunny and a nice 72 degrees?...week 8 btw and it should at least be getting colder...NOT 72 degrees.

Maybe like someone said, there is a global warming slider or something.

i think it is just completely random. Its either PERFECT weather all the time or random when it wants to....IDK. Its just annoying. Come to think of it....When i first got madden i simmed to the playoffs to check out the "playoff atmosphere" (nothing different BTW) and it was 70 degrees in GB in LATE DECEMBER...GEE, that seems strange.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #20
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

In addition, I've started a New Franchise for the Packers on different dates over the last 2+ weeks and the weather for each week is always the same. Just tried it again now and the results are the same as last week. Same degrees, same lack of snow/rain for December matches at home to the Ravens & Seahawks, and away to the Bears & Steelers!

I'll try disconnecting from Xbox Live and see if that makes a difference.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

Just tried a New Franchise (Packers) using a dummy profile with no Xbox Live status and the results are the same; 37 degrees for the Ravens, 42 for the Bears, 39 for the Steelers etc etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm connected to Live and have played playoff games at Lambeau in 27 degree weather and snow. In real life, it was in the 80s outside.

I have also played in rain, had clear skies and freezing temps. So weather in offline franchise is NOT based on real-time weather conditions.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:52 AM   #23
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

i am the eagles and have not gotten not one rain or snow in my franchise.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:09 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

The weather is only live in Play Now and I think online games(not online franchise). But in offline franchise, it's just random. It would make zero sense for the weather to be Live in a franchise. Think about it guys. For instance, let's use Chicago as an example. Right now it's mid September and it's probably about 75-80 degrees in Chicago in the middle of the day at this time of the year. Well let's say you're in week 16 in your franchise, which would be in mid-late December, and you're playing a home game. If there was Live weather in your franchise, it'd be about 75-80 degrees in your game...but you're playing in DECEMBER! How would that make any sense?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »