Home

i can't get pressure!

This is a discussion on i can't get pressure! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
i can't get pressure!

I am trying everything to get pressure but when i play on D i can't do it...good thing my franchise has sick corners and safetys (antrell rolle, charles woodson,antonio cromartie) but i can't get any pressure...I have gaines adams and aaron maybin at the defensive ends...any ideas how to get help? I try sending a blitz but they seem to love to just block with 5-6 guys + a running back..like wtf? what do you guys do to get sacks on this game?

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 01:55 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: i can't get pressure!

It depends. Are you playing against the AI or another player?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
Banned

haze56's Arena

People are lyingif they say they can't get pressure...I can get tons of heat on the QB.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #4
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze56
People are lyingif they say they can't get pressure...I can get tons of heat on the QB.
And why would someone lie about something like that? lol
Old 09-03-2009, 03:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Playing on all-pro with the default sliders I could get really heavy pressure with a 73 or so rated DE when I first started playing.

I used the sliders to make it harder so I don't get 7+ sacks with a 73 rated DE every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 03:19 AM   #6
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

I play on all-pro with default sliders and it just depends on the team I use and who i'm playing against. I just played the steelers with the falcons and i got no real great pressure but john abraham the DE for the falcons had a pretty good game. On opposite end the steelers kept pressure on me and forced matt ryan into a tough game. Burner turner had a good game and had a 71 yard run. This game is weird, I don't wanna say it's scripted but certain things are going to happen and there nothing you can do about it. I don't know, I lost that game 26-17, i had closed the gap to 5 and they immediately come back and score and i was in appropriate defense and it didnt matter. I knew I wasnt going to win and that's how some games just feel no matter what you do.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:28 AM   #7
Banned

Do you want pressure or sacks? If you want pressure against the AI then mix up your play-calling and your blitzes. If you call the same defenses over and over or always go into a standard man or Cover 2 or Cover 3 then you will rarely get any pressure.

If you want sacks, then try every blitz in the book on every play. You will get sacks alright, but you will probably get burned by the AI just as many times depending on what level you are on.

Against another person it varies. Some people fall for the same blitzes over and over, and some know how to counter them. Against another person, stick with what's working for the most part but don't use the same exact defenses over and over. Even the dumbest level AI will learn and give your opponent all day to throw.

Last edited by bomza; 09-03-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I play against the cpu and people with all madden on in my franchise...I am just pissed cause i am leaving my talented corners and safeties on an island it seems like. I use the bengals D playbook maybe that's my problem...lol

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »